Hi all, new from Oregon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just stopped by to check on the status of my bike and I'm blown away by the level of service these guys provide. They really do want to make their clients happy.

Thankfully, nothing was bent; it just needed to be disassembled and put together correctly. Also, since it had only been two weeks since the purchase, they looked at the rear tire and decided it wasn't good enough for them to have sold it. They replaced the 80% worn Road 5 with a brand new Road 6 at no charge to me.

Now, the bad part. Someone knocked it over just after I dropped it off. One of the engine vents cracked, the shifter bent a bit, and the bag had even more scrapes on it. They knew it was one of their employees; honestly, I don't care who it was. Accidents happen; I'm just glad it didn't fall over on someone. They took ownership of the issue and are working to replace everything with new parts. They didn't try to hide anything or pass anything off as previous damage.

I will be purchasing my next bike from them as well. Probably another 1st gen KLR650 if they take one in on trade. :)

And yes, I rode the V-Star. 😂

I just stopped by to check on the status of my bike and I'm blown away by the level of service these guys provide. They really do want to make their clients happy.
That sort of service is hard to come by! Kudos to them!
(I figured that the handlebar thing was only adjustment - loosen the triple clamp, align and torque to spec.)

Thankfully, nothing was bent; it just needed to be disassembled and put together correctly. Also, since it had only been two weeks since the purchase, they looked at the rear tire and decided it wasn't good enough for them to have sold it. They replaced the 80% worn Road 5 with a brand new Road 6 at no charge to me.

Now, the bad part. Someone knocked it over just after I dropped it off. One of the engine vents cracked, the shifter bent a bit, and the bag had even more scrapes on it. They knew it was one of their employees; honestly, I don't care who it was. Accidents happen; I'm just glad it didn't fall over on someone. They took ownership of the issue and are working to replace everything with new parts. They didn't try to hide anything or pass anything off as previous damage.

I will be purchasing my next bike from them as well. Probably another 1st gen KLR650 if they take one in on trade. :)

Me.... i'd have been speechless and i hope they are giving you a free service as well as eating humble pie to allow for the incident and time lost.
It's very rare to have a motorcycle shop knock over a bike in their care, i'd be asking more questions and request answers too. Were they having a soccer match in the workshop at the time ?

Me.... i'd have been speechless and i hope they are giving you a free service as well as eating humble pie to allow for the incident and time lost.
It's very rare to have a motorcycle shop knock over a bike in their care, i'd be asking more questions and request answers too. Were they having a soccer match in the workshop at the time ?
Believe me, I was for a few mins. We'll more than a few mins. They are making it right in my eyes. Nothing was seriously damaged from what I could see, just paint damage and they are taking care of that. It's my understanding that it was dropped while they were moving it after I dropped it off. I can understand that if you are used to sport bikes and dirt bikes with the nearly 2x the weight of an R1.

Like I said, I am happy with the proposed resolution at the moment.

Welcome from Bend OR! Give a shout if your ever East.
JP

I'm going to try to make the Cascade Moto Fish and Chips ride on Saturday out of the Tigard/Beaverton area. Hope to see some of you locals there.