Trailer hitch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgarrett3434

On two wheels again!
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Hello folks
Does anyone have a trailer hitch they wish to part with? My Fjr is a 2006 model. Or, are there recommendations on a vendor to use for a new one? I can build one too if I have to. Thanks, Tom in Oregon

I have a very sturdy home-made hitch that came with my 2011 (would fit an '06). It also has a Kuryakyn 7672 Plug & Play Trailer Wiring/Relay Harness.
Problem is that shipping is likely to be costly from Canada. I might have an opportunity to ship from Maine, but not likely for a couple or three weeks.
Let me know if you may be interested and I can investigate the shipping cost. I haven't had it off the bike so don't know the weight.
Used it once on a 5,000 km ride from BC (where I bought the bike and trailer) five years ago, but it remains on the bike.

(I also have a "Lugg&Roll" trailer with a swivel hitch, but don't think that could be shipped.)

1714400226715.jpeg 1714400254119.jpeg

1714400296334.jpeg

1714400851292.jpeg

Thanks again Ross- I'm always amazed at your quick and thoughtful replies.......I believe I've made a decision. While your offer is tempting, its time I got off my lazy butt and went out to the shop and actually did some work! Long wet winter here has me very lethargic, and I need to shake that off! Your pics gave me some ideas, I've been making this project harder in my head, than it has to be.....I put a Kubota diesel engine in a bmw kt1200LT once, I ought'a be able to build a freakin hitch!
Thanks partner for your inspiration!

No problem. I can send you some more detailed photos if you wish. PM me with your email if you want them.
Edit: Might help with your design...

Last edited: