Exhaust cans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there.......
I realize I am a FNG here, but I am looking for an answer. I have done the google search and the fjr:site search, to no avail. My question is this...............are the exhaust cans the same on Gen I - II machines. The part numbers differ slightly, but I have seen that before with other parts and they ended up being the same anyways. If someone can help me answer this, I thank you in advance. I really tried to search for the answer first........honest :ph34r: :ph34r:

Mattster
When i was shopping around for aftermarket slip-ons for my GenII, the various manufacturers (who had the GenI cans) told me that the difference b/w GenI & GenII exhausts was the pipe connecting from the headers to the cans. Thus i would say the OEM cans will not be interchangable b/w GenI & GenII.

In lieu if someone with some actual experience bolting a Gen I can on a Gen II: The Gen II's have a different mounting setup for the passenger pegs, which translates to a different mounting for the cans. BUT, someone did mount Gen I cans on a Gen II without any problems.

In lieu if someone with some actual experience bolting a Gen I can on a Gen II: The Gen II's have a different mounting setup for the passenger pegs, which translates to a different mounting for the cans. BUT, someone did mount Gen I cans on a Gen II without any problems.
ME!!! :yahoo:

clicky

I have GenII cans on my GenI. No problems so far. All that we were able to figure out was

"Gen II cans have oxygen sensors in each can"

I do have a PCIII, although I'm not sure that matters or not.

Last edited by a moderator: