Audiovox CCS100 Poll - The First!! (but not final!!)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaitsdad

I'm confused - Just ask my Wife.
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
EDIT: 02-24-2008 -

As of this edit, we have 61 responses to this poll -

I've printed out this entire post, and am compiling the information. Once I've completed that task, I'll begin the next poll.

I'll leave this poll open - please feel free to post here to add your information. The more, the merrier.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

This is the first of the CCS100 Polls that I'm going to post - I figure a week or so should be enough time for forum folks to see the post and reply. The more answers we have, the more accurate the results.

Based upon the answers from this poll, I'll continue to post additional polls to build detail.

This particular poll is a simple, single question, Yes or No answer.

PLEASE - Don't be tempted to answer if you DO NOT HAVE a CCS100 installed on your bike, as tempting as it may be.

Once we go through these processes, we'll have a data set showing statistics about the CCS100 installations.

And if we're really lucky, there may even be a pattern that points to what the 'issues' are - and allow a "targeting" of the resolution for those folks with problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to add an option: "Now it works after Smitty provided a check valve." ;)

Now, mine works very nicely, thank you very much!

I installed mine myself. I used a small automotive fuel filter as a vacuum chamber.

Been working like a champ and when I buy another street bike it will have to accommodate the installation of one or I won't buy the bike. :yahoo:

Most people on this forum could probably handle a multi question poll? I'm just saying....

Mine works fine and Dandy, thanks to the Magician from the midwest.

I have to say that it worked fine before the check valve but engages much faster after the valve.

R

Self installed, works perfectly.

Got flaky once or twice, so I replaced all the crimp-taps I'd used with soldered connections and the flakiness went away. hose taps are OK for a car interior doing a stereo, I guess, but have no place on a bike that gets out in the weather.

Gen I/Gen II? AE? "Professional install" (Smitty)? Number of vacuum ports? Vacuum accumulator? Standard wiring per AVCC and other successful FJR site(s) instructed installs? Brake light flashers/LEDs installed? Where is the control unit located? How did you tap the throttle bell crank? Water proof the control pad? Replace the AVCC factory control pad with user supplied switches? Qty of vaccum 'diodes' (just one or one per TB tap)? Power directly to the battery? Power through an ignition switched relay? Power tapped from OEM harness? Dip switch settings? Did you use a vacuum reservoir? Size of the vacuum reservoir? Did you use a coil wire or the magnetic pick-up? 3M Scotch Lock or Posi-lock or solder or terminal strip splices? Main wiring harness from the AVCC routed around the engine; parallel to ECU harness; over/under or around the ignition coils? When was the last time ALL the rear brake pivots were lubed and adjusted? When it's working correctly does it make you smile? :) Does your right hand thank you? ;)

I have a '04 standard install. It has always has worked great. I've fiddled with vacuum ports and found that it works best with 2 or more ports tapped. My install NEEDS a vacuum reservoir. Response and lag is directly related to play in the cable play from the controller, try to adjust for the minimum possible slack.

Self-installed on '04 ABS, functioning flawlessly for 20,000 plus miles. Successful self-installation due to thorough reading every audiovox related thread on here, and then reading them again...

Smitty installed during the IBR while I was in St. Louis. Works perfectly on an 05A with hyperlights using one port. (Smitty mentioned that bikes with additional brake lights have shown some problems occasionally.) Also have a large vacuum accumulator that I had already made and installed.

07A, Only works perfectly if the temp is in the mid 50s maybe in the 40s. If the air temp is above 60 it is flaky and gets worse as the temp goes up. Always works initially for at least 10 miles the lower the temp the longer it works. Multiple diagnostic tests and tricks to bypass work around known problem areas.

Some guy named Hal installed mine and it works like a champ.

(Perhaps the install was successful due to the quality of the "work shop" where it was installed??)

:dntknw:

Some guy named Hal installed mine and it works like a champ.
(Perhaps the install was successful due to the quality of the "work shop" where it was installed??)

:dntknw:
:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I must say, that was an interesting shop, eh?

And to set the facts straight - All Hal did was 'stupidvise' your install - you did the work. ;)