Riding in TN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duezzer

Reaction score
Redwood Meadows,Alberta - SW of Calgary on Hwy 22
Hi there

Myself and 3 friends are going to be staying in Pigon Forge TN for 7 days :rolleyes:

We will be renting bike while we are down there to do riding in the area. :yahoo:

I would like if I could get some good day trips for the area - 2-500 mile / day

If you have any sudjestions they would be apreciated

Thanks and later

The Dragon is good, but you and your friends need to be completely legal. The state troopers are trying hard to discourage bikes on the road (thanks to a lot of crazy squids). Last Fall, they stood along the roadside and randomly pulled people over. Don't know if they're still doing it this year, but you might want to check around to see if it's worth the trip.

If you go through Gatlinburg (20 minutes down the road from PF), pass through the Smokies, you'll come to the Blue Ridge Pkwy entrance. Total time to get there might be an hour and a half.

Piegon Forge is a tourist trap: outlet malls, Dollywood, Dinner shows, etc... but a good place to stage out of.

One day could be spent SW over Smokey Mountains (441-11-74-28) over to Fontana Dam, branching from here to Cherohala Pkwy (143), or to Dragon (129) which you might like to do a time or two after learning the road and local enforcement situation (bad on weekends - but not unrealisitc with regards to public safety) and the Foothills Parkway. A good mid point is the bike-shop restaurant at Deals Gap.

Another, longer, day would be over to the beginning of the Blue Ridge Parkway in Cherokee (as in Indian Reservation) and go NE up to Cherry Lane, NC and then over into VA and east TN to pick MotorCycle Playground (421).

Here's a link: https://www.motorcycleplayground.com/index.html

Take a look. I'm sure there will be others in the area that can plan another day or two for you.