I need a sound bite of the FJR Starter(ing)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
After my wreck my starter still works but sounds like it is turning 4 times faster than normal. The shop said since its working, why worry. I just think it will burn up soon(er).

There has got to be a vid with the bike just turning over someplace, but I haven't found it. Can someone point me to a sound bite so I can show them why I think its wrong?

whrrrrWhrrrrWhrrrr.. sorry, couldn't resist. PM me for my cell phone and I'll start mine up for you.

Fence, I think you might have bumped your head in the wreck? :headbonk:

Maybe they put Amsoil in and it's so much slicker?

JW

Just turn the key and say, "uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuu........po-ta-to, po-ta-to......." :assassin: :p

I'm sure it's just your brain 'temporarily' hearing things much faster. Really!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! If your starter is that fast, maybe you could use it to power your bike. ;)

You'd have the first electric FeeJ!! :good:

Try starting it in gear and going thru the gears.... Let us know what speed you get up to before the wiring burns up. :hyper:

Your bike fires right up and runs normally? Did the tip-over sensor kill your engine when your bike went down?

Things that affect starter speed, making it too fast:

low compression

shifted ignition timing

low mechanical resistance in the engine

main electrical voltage too high

A more detailed response depends on answers to first two questions. I sure hope to hear that your engine runs just fine!

I really wouldn't worry about the starter burning up. It's probably "happier" turning faster. But the fact that the engine turns quicker is curious. Not knowing the details of the crash, did you get a new battery? Or did they do any work on the wires. Maybe they cleaned up an otherwise not good connection? In other words, maybe it was turning slow before? Unless you crashed hard on the right engine case cover and disturbed the crank sensor to affect the timing like ionbeam said?

Does it run good and seem to have full power?

So I take it no one can provide a sound bite then...

Ion.

I can't answer your questions, I haven't had my bike since Feb 10. but should get it back Tuesday

Last edited by a moderator: