MotoFizz Camping Seat Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duster19

Reaction score
Okay after my search I think I've found the right bag for me. I'm just not sure what size to order. I ride my FJR each day to and from work and would like to get down to one bag for all my clothing and lunch box (I coach High School baseball so need room for jacket, pants, shirt and turf shoes). It's kind of been a pain to have to really organize my saddle liners to fit in the hard shell each morning to and from work.

I plan on making some 3-4 day trips this summer and possibly a couple weekend trips with wife. So do you think the small would work best for my needs?

I also have a medium size Garauld rack with back rest.

Thanks for your time,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on years of travelling there are several Rules of the Universe.

6. There is never enough room to pack everything in the space available

6a. In the event there actually is any unused space upon departure it will be filled before return.

6b. That filled space still not big enough for everything you are bringing back.

Bigger is better. Or carry lots of rope and bungee cords. :rolleyes:

Okay after my search I think I've found the right bag for me. I'm just not sure what size to order. I ride my FJR each day to and from work and would like to get down to one bag for all my clothing and lunch box (I coach High School baseball so need room for jacket, pants, shirt and turf shoes). It's kind of been a pain to have to really organize my saddle liners to fit in the hard shell each morning to and from work.
I plan on making some 3-4 day trips this summer and possibly a couple weekend trips with wife. So do you think the small would work best for my needs?

I also have a medium size Garauld rack with back rest.

Thanks for your time,

Dave

Dave, go with the medium. I've used mine on many multiple day trips, and it's quite user friendly. Each side expands outward (via zipper) and you can expand just one if that's all you need. I've used it two up, fully expanded on my Garauld rack, with no problems.

159266634_8qquf-L.jpg

In addition, using it on the pillion seat gives you a nice backrest.

Here's a pic of the large MotoFizz. Me mucho like. Very nice bag, but the directions are hell to read! +1 on the backrest.

IMG_1820.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

I have a large, and it works great for long camping trips, but the medium is a better general purpose size. I used my large on a 20-day trip to the Yukon last summer, and it held all my camping gear with no problems. Here's a picture of the large on my FJR; remember the sides expand an additional 8 inches if needed. I was pleasantly surprised how well the bike handled with the big bag mounted. Rock solid, even on those central Nevada highways where you sometimes find yourself going slightly over the posted limit...

fjrmotofizz.jpg

i've been drooling over the motofizz bags for at least 5 years now. anyone have a cheaper place to buy them than aersotich? i'd love to get a large.

dean

cincinnati

Hey, Steve. Where can I get one of those water/booze/energy drink/booze/ Gatorade holder thingy you have mounted on the left side?

Seems to be something I'd like to get for my trip to NAFO.

Thanks.

Geez, V Ger, your outfit looks like a Jed Clampitt picture! :p

I also like the large for the 1 week trips and would like the medium for the 3-4 day trips to Vegas ect...

I have a questions for those the use the large Motofizz on the passenger seat - can you get the key into the sidecases and operate the latch to get the cases open with the Motofizz hanging over them?

I have a questions for those the use the large Motofizz on the passenger seat - can you get the key into the sidecases and operate the latch to get the cases open with the Motofizz hanging over them?
Great question and that was my biggest concern. I was able to put the key in and open it without a problem without the bag extended. There is a zipper that unzips on both sides that looks like it will extend the bag another 5 inchs or so in each side. I have not tested it yet with a load under real world riding but I am going to guess it will be a challenge to get into your sidecases. If I slightly lift one side while putting in the key I am sure I could get it to work. The truth is I will give you a better write up when I return from our 1 week ride. We leave out on 5-5.

If I slightly lift one side while putting in the key I am sure I could get it to work. The truth is I will give you a better write up when I return from our 1 week ride. We leave out on 5-5.

Thanks. I figure that worst case I'll just unbuckle one of the front straps holding down the Motofizz if that's what's needed to get into the sidecase.

I did go to Kragen this morning to see if the 2.6G gas tank would fit in the bag and it is a perfect fit. If you get the large bag I would run out and get the 2.5G tank for the bag. If anyone in the group runs out on some of the longer streches we have here in the west you could help them up by giving them enough gas to find a gas station. I love the way this bag zips down on each side and holds itself open. I was able to put the laptop on the side flap when it was down to test it. I always ride with a laptop and use priceline.com when I am on the road to get the best prices and give friends and family updates and photos from that day. Once you travel with a laptop with the high speed Verizon card then you will never be able to go back. I might be able to fit a small portable printer in the bag too so I can get work done while I am out so I can stay gone longer. We also use Netflix so we take movies with us on the road and watch them on the computer in the room. Pretty cool! :yahoo:

Here is a link to a review I wrote on the MotoFizz (medium) Bag for another website way back in 2005. Please be warned that the site your linking too may subject you to pop-ups. If you choose to click on the link be prepared with your pop-up blocker or be prepared to close some ads. Here is the link...

broodwich's Review at TMW

Once you get past the pop-ups I hope you find the review helpful. Also here is a photo of what the bag looks like on my old bike the BMW F650CS

1429424925076503346S600x600Q85.jpg

And what it looks like on my 2005 FJR

2286799750076244200S600x600Q85.jpg

Photo complete with my helmet hair and gas prices we wish we were still around.

After reading this thread, I decided I NEED a Motofizz seat bag. So, just a few minutes ago, I placed an order for a large bag. Aerostitch has 5, now 4, in stock and are expecting another shipment next week. That last little tidbit was thrown in because misery loves company...gotta stop reading Parts and Accessories...gotta stop reading Parts and Accessories...gotta stop reading Parts and Accessories...