Looking for a Little Light

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airboss

Reaction score
Went for a ride this afternoon, turned on my left signal for a turn. No winkie, WTF? I pulled into a Parking lot to check things out. I got headlights, I got brake lights. I don't got running lights, turn signals, tail lights, or license plate light. Checked the 15 amp fuse and it looked good, but I replaced it anyway, still nothing.

Could it be the turn signal relay, or another relay I haven't found yet?

If the hazard fuse was good, all the things you mention have Coupler # 5, front cowling wire harness in common.

But, wait! It can be more scary than that -- they also share a common power wire coming off the ignition switch. Wiggle the key or the ignition wires and watch the lights...

If that don't do it, back to shake the old crystal ball again.

Edited to add: Since the tail light is involved it's really unlikely to be the turn signal relay. The signal relay in the FJR is designed to work differently than in an automotive system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!! Didn't even think about looking at the hazard fuse. plugged a new one in, it's all good.

Thanks Ionbeam, you da man! :clapping:

I have a theory, with all the wet cold,warm, then wet cold again, condensation in the garage has been the worst I've ever had. A little mositure in the wrong place could have done the job.