Turn signals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
I have an 08 with 400 mi. on it, and noticed condensation in the right turn signal. Will be taking to dealer for warranty on it, but was wondering if anyone had the same problem. I assume that the turn signal is a sealed unit? It has been washed a couple of times since I had to get it out before the salt residue was washed off the roads around here, but that shouldn't be an issue IMHO. It's been a couple of days since I notice it, and the bike is always garaged ( only when NOT riding it!), but the condensation is still there. I am hoping that if the unit needs replacing, that the dealer will order it for me and let me install it myself since I figure that their mechanics probably know less about my bike that I do! Has anyone ever "done their own warranty work", or does the dealer have to do the work themselves?

Any ideas or comments appreciated :D

. An "06" here , no fog / condensation. check the manual for procedure to replace bulb. maybe somethings loose, missing grommet ,,,,,or plastic's cracked.

Hopefully, the dealer didnt swap cracked parts before you got bike from a favored customer , or their own misdeeds . For something like this ,let them do the 1/2 hr job for free (while you watch).

Hopefully they wont try and blame you for a bump to lense. I snake my bike thru a 2 car wide driveway,( mirrors would get dinged first) .

Last edited by a moderator:
I got this bike new from the dealer before it even hit the showroom, so the only time it was worked on was the initial setup. There is no obvious cracks on the outside. I'm at work today, so I think I will look deeper into it tonight when I get home. Never had the tupperware off yet, so I will hit the service manual to see how deep I have to get into it.

I am just trying to get a heads up from anyone who might have had this problem, and what they might have found.

I got this bike new from the dealer before it even hit the showroom, so the only time it was worked on was the initial setup. There is no obvious cracks on the outside. I'm at work today, so I think I will look deeper into it tonight when I get home. Never had the tupperware off yet, so I will hit the service manual to see how deep I have to get into it.
I am just trying to get a heads up from anyone who might have had this problem, and what they might have found.
Bogus,

Take it to the dealer.. I have a 07 and never had this problem and this is the 1st I ever heard of it.

Make it their problem.

WW

My right side has condensation/droplets,..Shit....never considered letting the dealer address it. But hell why not it's only a year old bike. Guess my spring tire change is going to take them a bit longer!

-Don

Hmmmm. Mine does that too. Never thought about it much. A long ride with the heat of the bulb usually dries it up, for a while.

03 here without any condensation in the signal lens housings... that may be because they are in a box in the attic and a set of flush mounted after market ones were installed about 6 months after getting the bike.

Could it be a blocked drain hole?

I noticed what looks like a drain hole on my '06, in the centre of this picture:

1_DSCF8524.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had the same problem on both turn signals since day 1 on my 07...never thought much about it. Never had an issue with them working. I agree with fjrcouple-ride faster to dry them out!

I don't have an 07-08.

Light should be sealed, water-proof. Water could enter 2 ways. Lens, or O-ring socket. Socket that bulb sits in. Get enough water in there and will cause problems. Hot bulb, cold water cracks bulb. Corrision of socket not good either.

Have dealer check it out.