Wild Bill + Kuryakin + Garauld

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonchef

Reaction score
Various bits and pieces have been put together before, but thanks to all the forum help, I present my nomination for farkle of the week.

Ordered the Wild Bill hiway peg mounts with a special request for a 1/2" mounting hole. Also ordered the Kuryakin clevis w/ 1/2" -20 thread, #8015 and the Kuryakin #8025 pegs w/1" extension. Sent them of to Garauld for powedercoating to match the engine cases....back in a flash, and time to mount today, this is what I came up with;

Left side

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2580.jpg

IMG_2582.jpg

Right side

IMG_2583.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

I think that they came out great, and look good both up and deployed. The extended pags are just the right size so I am not squeezing the faring with my legs, and the nubs on the pegs grip my boots well....and no chrome....

IMG_2585.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice touch toning down the Kuryakin chrome! Wish I'd thought of that. :)

BTW: Keep an eye on the bolts that attach Wild Bill's mounting plate to the covers. Those bolts were never sized to hold any weight and at that moment arm. Also don't cringe too much when you forget to flip the pegs up through the twisties and then later see their newly road-ground bevel - it just adds unduly to the facial wrinkles. :rolleyes:

Nice Pegs.

I'm liking that seat. Because of my lack of research....who makes it??

Also, what is the height change between the Driver v. Pillion??

My wife is always complaining about not being able to over my head. That seat looks like it will get the job done.

Thanks.

Nice Pegs.
I'm liking that seat. Because of my lack of research....who makes it??

Also, what is the height change between the Driver v. Pillion??

My wife is always complaining about not being able to over my head. That seat looks like it will get the job done.

Thanks.
It's a Russell, courtesey of the November/December group buy. We did gain a couple of inches on the pillion hieght. Good for viewing, not so good for center of gravity...

Apologies to Garauld for misspelling his name in the topic header...perhaps a moderator can correct this...

Looks like the same Wild Bill brackets, only powder coated. If'n so, the Oil filter still comes off easy/peasy...

Nice looking!

How far out / in from the driver foot rests / break and shifter lever are the pegs when folded up? I exchange Wild Bill regarding getting set from him and they make a "big" deal about minimizing the lead angle. I'm coming from a RoadStar and I can't see with the cruising and / touring riding I will be doing that I would be getting close enough to the pegs. Your thoughts?

Roy

DC, very cool setup. Do you have room to change the oil filter?
I'm waiting for this answer myself. It's the reason why I haven't made this purchase.

Or, are there close-up pictures of these installed near the oil filter?
I have this exact same set up and just changed the oil yesterday. You have to maneuver the oil filter wrench in at an angle to get it past the bracket but it can definitely be done with little difficulty.

Also note that if you opted for the oil filter that is 3/4"longer than stock, e.g., PL14610 , the peg bolt will bump against the filter if trying to install WB's brackets. You must stay with the stock filter length.

Also note that if you opted for the oil filter that is 3/4"longer than stock, e.g., PL14610 , the peg bolt will bump against the filter if trying to install WB's brackets. You must stay with the stock filter length.
oh! yep your right Dick! i did use the PL14612. good catch.

Nice looking!
How far out / in from the driver foot rests / break and shifter lever are the pegs when folded up? I exchange Wild Bill regarding getting set from him and they make a "big" deal about minimizing the lead angle. I'm coming from a RoadStar and I can't see with the cruising and / touring riding I will be doing that I would be getting close enough to the pegs. Your thoughts?

Roy
Roy,

They tuck away very nicely, no interference at all.