CO adjustments

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aavmann

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm not about to pretend that I know that much about the technical details to the workings of the FJR's engine.. :rolleyes:

Just did a spark plug change on my 03 (37000K) and cylinders 1 and 3 were blacker than the rest ( running rich I'm told )... is it feasable to do a CO adjustment to just these cylinders ??(i.e. bump up the values) or is this goverened strictly by a TB sync (air screws / butterfly adjustments)

those who know (and this board has a lot of very knowledable people thats for sure ) should be able to understand.

Yes I have done the Barbarian mod... although I remeber leaving the values as they once were because the bike seemed to lose power and shudder more.

But seeing these blacker plugs has got me thinking and I cant find the answer in any searches that I have done...

thanx in advance...

aav,

The trick is how to tell wether it is gas or oil related. A little oil bypass will give you blackened plugs as well. If you don't have RivNuts installed for the sniffer, it is going to be great deal of guesswork.

Do check your air flow for any restrictions for it will cause a rich plug condition as well.

As I recall, for the Barbarian Mod: Each 1pt change is appx .3% to CO Settings.

Hope this helps & good luck.