Rear Spring Pre-Load

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zenwhipper

Reaction score
Folks-

Is the rear spring pre-load adjustment either firm or soft or is it adjustable for something in between? In other words I place it in the middle of the range (so would that be medium firm?) and I swear that thing moves to the soft position. But when its in the firm position or soft it indeed stays there. The owners manual is not real clear on this.

:(

Thanks Mates

Scott

Since the beginning......European 2001s.....

2 positions! At least that's what my 2 owners manuals stated and everything I read told me. I don't remember a "notch" to hold the lever in between.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks-
Is the rear spring pre-load adjustment either firm or soft or is it adjustable for something in between? In other words I place it in the middle of the range (so would that be medium firm?) and I swear that thing moves to the soft position. But when its in the firm position or soft it indeed stays there. The owners manual is not real clear on this.

:(

Thanks Mates

Scott

Nope. 2 positions.

Too Hard, and Too Soft. Nothing just right.

What this means is that you have to ride your bike till the rear shock is toast - mine took about 14K miles - then replace it with an aftermarket suspension with far more adjustability and far less cost.