2008 Hesitation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBlueStreak

Reaction score
I have a hesitation that happens when the throttle of blipped or quickly turned from idle. It sounds like the engine is going to stall but doesn't.

Anyone else with an 08' have this problem??

Mine would only if you really snapped it quick.

After doing the "Barbarian jumper mod" I noticed it was much improved. Much smoother rolling off and on the throttle in corners too. I'd highly recommend doing it. Pretty EZ. I set the idle a little closer to 1100 too.

but I had a Gold Wing that was FI and it didn't do this? The Dealer said it was normal too but I'm just not sure.

I would hate to have to do any mods on a brand new 2008 bike. I thought Yamaha was supposded to fix the 2008 mixture issues!!!

I have a hesitation that happens when the throttle of blipped or quickly turned from idle. It sounds like the engine is going to stall but doesn't.
No problems with mine..Sync'd my throttle bodies, they were perfect from the factory. Maybe yours could use adjustment.

Just a guess..

My 08 FI feels a little hesitant when first started but smooths out fast. I've had smoother FI bikes, but this one is pretty good stock.

Well, I have about 400 miles and when I rev up the throttle quickly I get this hesitation. Anyone else have this problem? I brought it back to the Dealer for stalling so they raised the idle a little and its fine now.