Memorial for Richard Morrison (Farkles)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

huchieglide

Reaction score
First I would like to thank the many forum members for their condolences, prayers, and good will for Richard and his family.

I spoke with his sister today and there will be a memorial for Richard on May 3rd.

It will be at 1:00 at :

Ramada Convention Center

2250 Biddle Rd.

Medford, Or. 97504

541-779-5576

I will be out of town and away from computers until the 27th. PM me after that if there are any logistical questions. In the meantime Lewis, "k7lvo", here on the forum, can help you out.

Thanks again, Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
To let everyone know the Ramada Inn is giving group rates for the memorial. The phone number is 541-779-5576.

Thanks for all of the support. Ask for Allied Business Memorial or Rick Morrison for the group rates.

Farkles sister

Mary

Anyone from NorCal going to make the journey North?

Some of us have pre-booked arrangements for Streetmasters for that weekend (no-refundable) and can't go.

This would be an excellent opportunity to support the family and honor a fallen member. I know that ANdrew's family was impressed witht he showing the FJR Forum made at his memorial.

Medford is some 300 miles North of Sacramento, 4 1/2 hours....easy-peasy. Heck, spend the night and take Hwy 3-299-Redding on the way home. There are other nice side-roads that won't add a lot of time to the return trip.

If anyone is interested I'd be willing to help organize the group and give some proposed roads off of I-5.

EDIT: PM me and if there is enough interest, we can start a thread on the California Ride Planning Page.

I'll be there, and, as Bob said, I'm available for assistance with logistics or whatever. You can get me through the forum, by PM, email at [email protected] or cell 541-941-5188.

I'm in Mexico untill the 29th. If I can get some things cleaned up at work quickly when I get back, I will head down. It's a little over 500 miles each way so I'd be heading down Friday mid-day at some point.

Hello my name is Michelle I am another of Ricks nieces I wanted to thank everyone for your kind words and interest in the memorial, our family would like to also invite you to the Memorial on the 17th of May in Redmond for those who would like to attend, it will be at my mothers home please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] for the time and address. Thank you once again for everything

Michelle

we decided that it would be easier just to put the address on line it is 3611 NW Upas Ave Redmond Oregon 97756 541-350-2948 it is going to start at 1 PM

thanks again

Michelle

Can anyone recommend a route to take from the Reno NV area to Medford OR for the May 3rd memorial? Thx
From Reno you have quite a few nice choices. Check the weather though ahead of time, it can change quickly in the Sieras.

A route I would consider is hwy 395 north to Susanville, then hwy 139 to Tulelake and 39 into Klamath Falls, then either 140 or 66 over to Medford.

Another choice: at Susanville take hwy 44/89 to Mt Shasta then I5 to Medford.

Or: north from Reno through Gerlach, Cedarville, Alturas, Canby. Then to Klamath Falls etc.

Last option: interstate 80 to the 5 north to Medford.

Ride safe, hope to see you in Medford.

Can anyone recommend a route to take from the Reno NV area to Medford OR for the May 3rd memorial? Thx
FNG:As stated earlier, this (image below) is a pretty generic route ...a tad over 300miles and about 5hours +/-.

I've done all the routes and plenty more, and they're all good ..but this is simple and *IF* you have time, please let me know as I can give you some WONDERFUL points of interest along this route. Worst part is between Reno and Susanville (us locals use that stretech as proof that god is not perfect --wish they would take it off the planet)

...but like I said, if you do this simple route and have a bit of time for a cool stop or two I promise you won't be dissapointed with my groovy suggestions.

BTW, I'm heading to Orygen on Friday morning .....what is your time-frame??

..renojohn

reno2medford.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.