'06 Oil an Replaacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnB

Reaction score
I'm attempting to replace the oil pan on my '06. The '06/'07 service manual says you need to remove the throttle bodies in order to remove the radiator? This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Actually, it looks like I may be able to get the headers off without removing the radiator. Has anyone done this on an '06 or '07? Did you remove the radiator to get at the headers and if you did, did you have to remove the throttle bodies first?

Nevermind gents, I was able to get the headers off without removing the radiator :yahoo:

I just removed the bottom bracket and was able to move the radiator forward enough to get at the header bolts.

But, I'm still wondering whether the manual is right. Does it make sense that you should have to remove the throttle bodies in order to remove the radiator? I have a copy of a service manual for an '03 and it doesn't mention this step at all but the '06 manual has the additional step(s).