Miss at 4000rpms or above

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baremetal

Reaction score
I recently changed the plugs in my 2005 FJR with NGK CR8EIX. I also performed a TBS at the same time. When I completed I fired up the bike and it idles smoothly. However, when I hold the rpms at anything above 4000rpms the engine has a constant miss. I never held the rpms above 4000 rpms prior to the plugs being changed or TBS so I don't know if this is a result of either of these maintanence items. I then confirmed the plug wires were all securely attached and confirmed all the rubber covers and spring clips were in place on the throttle bodies after the TBS. The miss at anything above 4000rpm remains. However, when I ride the bike (i.e. under load) no miss can be felt and the bike seems to run strong and smooth over 4000 rpms. Now I am wondering if I have a real issue here or does the FJR have some type of rev limiter that kicks in at 4K rpm for emissions purposes or some other reason when the bike is in neutral or not under load?

Latest posts