already having problems with my brand new $12k toy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkerspop

Reaction score
so after initial 600 miles I changed the engine and final gear oil and went to run the bike to check for leaks. It started up fin but hesitated horribly when accelerating the throttle, sometimes quit. So I tried leaving it running for a few minutes, no help so shut it down and left it for a couple of hours. Came out to try again and now the battery seems to be low, set it on 2A trickle charge.

Could the original problem be from throttle synch not yet done?

Any help appreciated.

Will be taking it to dealer once I can get it running enough.

A throttle body synch isn't going to make it run horribly.

You do anything else at all while you did the 600 service? Have the tank up and pop a plug wire or something? You knock the O2 sensor loose?

It seems odd that it would be running fine, change just fluids, and then run horribly.

If all you did was an oil change, unless you forgot to put engine oil back in it, it should run the same after the oil/final drive change as it did before.

Something else has happened.

After charging it for a couple of hours it starts up and runs much better, seems that the battery wasn't fully charged, maybe form running it only a minute or so and shutting down a few times while working on it.

After charging it for a couple of hours it starts up and runs much better, seems that the battery wasn't fully charged, maybe form running it only a minute or so and shutting down a few times while working on it.
The operative phrase here is running it only a minute or so...a few times. When cold you are running a richer mixture. There have been a (few) reports of a cold start and shutdown fouling plugs and creating all sorts of unwanted havoc.

--G

Latest posts