BBJM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TILAM

Reaction score
So I was changing the plugs today and I thought I would take on the famous Barbarian Jumper Mod since I was half way there. I did the wire change alright. The bike started ok. I pressed the Select and Reset buttons together while turning on the key and got to the Diag screen. Pressing select does nothing! Can't seem to get past that point.

Any help would be appreachiated.

Try pushing the button a little longer. It's not instant. 1-2 seconds. I did mine last week and yes I do notice an improvement. Also synced the intakes too afterwards.

Try pushing the button a little longer. It's not instant. 1-2 seconds. I did mine last week and yes I do notice an improvement. Also synced the intakes too afterwards.
I did try that and I can hear the click whe the button is pushed to indicate the contact but nothing seems to happen. I'll go out now and try again though.

I believe the pin is in correctly too. but I guess I could check that again as well.

Are you certain your jumper is long enough to reach all the way to the pins in the 'other' half of the connector? I had mine apart a couple of times before I got it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you certain your jumper is long enough to reach all the way to the pins in the 'other' half of the connector? I had mine apart a couple of times before I got it right.
Mine is a 06 so I don't believe I need the jumper. I'll check agian and see if the "moved wire" is in all the way.

Mine is a 06 so I don't believe I need the jumper. I'll check agian and see if the "moved wire" is in all the way.

Yup That was it. The screen came up and I did the +7 on each cylinder and it does make a big difference in the slow speed stuff. After 180 miles I'm still smiling, of course I'm always smiling when I get back from a ride.

A farkle well worth the effort.