Can;t calibrate the Sync-Pro tool from Motion Pro

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirby

Reaction score
Well I assembled the Motion Pro "Sync Pro" carb tuner per the instructions. Put the restrictors into the tubes as directed, hooked it up to calibrate it as directed. With the engine warmed up,I connected it to no. 1 , it looked good, all pretty close but the left tube is bouncing up and down about a half inch, the other three smooth and steady. When I checked and cleaned the restrictor in that erratic tube it now won't calibrate at all. It wants to smoothly suck all the fluid up to the top. The left column is the one that was jumping before and now it wants to climb right out of the tube into the hoses. I shut it off before it could do that. I just cannot get the tool to calibrate. Moving the hoses around does not make any difference, that left column is pulling real strong right to the top. I have the tool hanging from the left grip like they suggest. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?The calibration screws turned all the way counter clockwise to lower the fluid in the column has no effect on it, as it draws it all to the top, the left one leading all the time. I disassembled it all and checked that the restrictors are all in the right end, and in place restricting evenly. A real head scratcher. :help:

Thanks for any tips you can offer.

-Sirby

The only suggestion that I can offer is to re-check the position of all the restrictors. As I recall, they are easy to get misaligned such that they become plugs rather than orifice reducers.

Re-read the directions and make sure you understand the logic of the calibration (exposing all four tubes to a single source of vacuum), and give it another try.

Mine worked as advertised. Good luck!

The only suggestion that I can offer is to re-check the position of all the restrictors. As I recall, they are easy to get misaligned such that they become plugs rather than orifice reducers.
Re-read the directions and make sure you understand the logic of the calibration (exposing all four tubes to a single source of vacuum), and give it another try.

Mine worked as advertised. Good luck!
I did that. The restrictors all look even and centered in the tubes. I am sure that they are all good. I suspect the tool is bad because with all four tubes connected to the calibration manifold with cap on the empty one and the mnfld. conn to the no.1 vac nipple , it just smoothly draws all the fluid up to the top led by the left tube always. I keep shutting off the engine before the fluid goes out the top.

It was working better the first time I tried to cal. the tool, three tubes stable and the left one jumpy. I gave the thing a good shake to maybe settle the fluid like that might make a diff., but nope. I guess I'll call Motion Pro on Monday and ask them about it.

Thanks Jack!

Anyone else have any ideas?

I bought same guage and hung above the bike from rafters of shed. Calibration worked fine. Seems like a good product. I would call the company and ask for advice if you continue to have problems.

I did my fist sync at 6K miles and will again prob around 13 K since I have the tool.

I suggest that you take it apart, clean everything and put it back together, very easy to do.

By the way you could buy the fluid at Moto Pro, not expensive