ABS light, again...still..whatever

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAPS

Reaction score
OK, im one of those with the blinky abs light and it is not caused by my rear brake light switch being out of adjustment. I have watched my light flicker since 06, it will tend to illuminate while accelerating and dim or go out when braking which always had me looking for a loose connection. Well I found it, sort of.....down inside the fairing on the left sort of below/behind the glove box I can reach but not easily see some wires, I jiggle these and the light goes on and off. So I know the general area, wondering if anyone has insight as to which connector or wire might be the offending flucker.

Happy to report I found the little bugger, it turned out to be a single wire in one of the connectors located just under the access cover next to the glove box, see the pic attached, the green wire is not fully seated in the connector. Simple matter of making that connection and my ABS light functions as it should. Not sure what this green wire connects to but I should point out that my ABS always functioned as designed regardless of the dash light being on, off or flickering....this condition counters the info available in the shop manual, there the book says if the light is on your ABS is disabled..anyway, simple stuff once I found it, now to reroute the wires a bit to take the stress off the connector.

https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f293/MOT...S/fjrabs010.jpg

One correction regarding wire color, I thought it was green, what you cant see is the red stripe,...so then, the loose wire was green with red stripe.