Weird Popping sounds

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff D

Reaction score
I have an 07 with about 1500 miles on it. When I am downshifting into 1st or 2nd it sounds like aluminum cans rattling from the exhaust. I primarily notice it after washing the bike and then going to move it into my garage. Is this normal?

If ya live in iowa don't worry bout it. Them corn fields sometimes overflow and what not. Are there any odd smells?

I have an 07 with about 1500 miles on it. When I am downshifting into 1st or 2nd it sounds like aluminum cans rattling from the exhaust. I primarily notice it after washing the bike and then going to move it into my garage. Is this normal?

No it's absolutely NOT normal. Be very concerned!

Who the hell washes their bike with only 1500 miles on it?

Please seek profession help...

Really, Next thing ya know he'll be waxing it like odot! Then we can call him Jeff D Jus like Scooter G.

Speakin of which, Where the Hells he been? :blink:

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem pal. Its Friday an we all are off'n r meds..... Try again tomorrow when the 'ludes kick in :dribble:

Over watering yer pipes?? Well that's covered in the manual... Page 941.

Holy smokes! Get Mizz Bust or the alterego Mz Bust, anyway...

To quote Ronald Reagan, "There he goes again". :blink:

Keep her outa this Bluesy. Shes in the house on one of the other machines thankin' folks. Please leave it at that. ;) Don't get her started. where ya think I learned my manners???

Well, it's not Friday anymore, so I'll take a crack.

Try tapping along the bottoms of the pipes with a rubber mallet to see if a few beads from the cat converter got loose. Also use a piece of wire to make sure the drain holes toward the fronts of the mufflers are open.

The left side muffler has small shield to keep the passengers feet off the pipe. Make sure it isn't slightly tweaked and hitting the muffler. Mine did and made a racket.

I don't think the cats have beads, but I may be wrong.

Looks like it's plated onto the honeycomb from the ones I removed.

I guess I could go hit it with a hammer and see. LOL