cyclepump blew socket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadi

Reaction score
Have a question. A friend of mine just received a cyclepump from bestrestproducts https://bestrestproducts.com/celestia/products/cyclepump/ . He plugged it into the cigarette lighter socket and it blew the socket after a couple of seconds. The pump seems OK as we tried it in a car socket and it worked but the socket on the 2006 Yamaha FJR1300 is dead. Do you know why and how to rectify or is this common to all bikes?

Gadi

A 3 amp fuse supplies the FJR's power socket. The air pump needs a 10-15 amp circuit.
The FJR's socket is too puny to power this pump.
It looks like a great pump. Is there a way to make it work with the socket? In the meantime does it just mean replacing the fuse to get the socket working again.

Yes, if you replace the bad 3 amp fuse in the fusebox the socket should be ready for use again. There should be a spare 3 amp fuse in the fusebox which you can use. Buy a replacement spare fuse for future use.

You will have to install a higher power fused accessory circuit direct from the battery to power your pump.

Is there a way to make it work with the socket? In the meantime does it just mean replacing the fuse to get the socket working again.
No, not really. The wiring isn't up to the task and covered many time on this forum if you search on glove 3 amp site:fjrforum.com at Google including alternatives.

Replace the fuse and it will work again for 3 amps.

Is there a way to make it work with the socket? In the meantime does it just mean replacing the fuse to get the socket working again.
No, not really. The wiring isn't up to the task and covered many time on this forum if you search on glove 3 amp site:fjrforum.com at Google including alternatives.

Replace the fuse and it will work again for 3 amps.
Ok thanks for the tips I read the posts. So do you suggest another power outlet be installed somewhere on the bike rated at 15 amps? I have seen pictures of aux sockets on the sides.

So do you suggest another power outlet be installed somewhere on the bike rated at 15 amps? I have seen pictures of aux sockets on the sides.
Yes, search on jastek install site:fjrforum.com and you will find a variety of threads in less than a minute.

Latest posts