08 Rebound Damping Adjustment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wondered if anyone else has come across this. My rebound damping force knob has 34 clicks. I checked both forks and they are the same. The manual indicates that there should only be 17 clicks, with 17 clicks minimum (soft), 12 as standard, and 1 as maximum (hard).

The manual goes on to say: Although the total number of clicks of a damping force adjusting mechanism may not exactly match the above specifications due to small differences in production, the actual number of clicks always represents the entire adjusting range. To obtain a precise adjustment, it would be advisable to check the number of clicks of each damping force adjusting mechanism and to modify the specifications as necessary.

Everything seems to work fine. It just seems to me that this is more than a "small difference in production".

I had that same thing on my 07. I was setting up the suspension and screwed adjuster all the way in to find initial setting and lo and behold-30 something clicks. I started a thread asking about this and it yielded no real ideas. I cannot find it. The only theory that I had is that there is 30+ clicks out, but 17 is the usable maximum. So, well, that you go. I did not persue it any further, but if you do, by all means pass it along to me.