Comagination modulator failure?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammon287

Reaction score
I put the Comagination headlight modulator on my '07 a few months ago and only used it a handful of times, during which it worked fine. The other day I noticed it wasn't flashing and only the left high beam was on. I assumed that the high beam filament on the right side went out and bought replacement bulbs. After replacing the right bulb, the same symptoms occurred; both lows work, no flashing, only left high works. Unplugged the modulator from the right side and connected the harness directly to find lows and highs work normally. I can't find any reference to failures of these and Comagination's website is lacking in contact info. I just shot an e-mail to their sales address and will have to wait until Monday.

I put the Comagination headlight modulator on my '07 a few months ago and only used it a handful of times, during which it worked fine. The other day I noticed it wasn't flashing and only the left high beam was on. I assumed that the high beam filament on the right side went out and bought replacement bulbs. After replacing the right bulb, the same symptoms occurred; both lows work, no flashing, only left high works. Unplugged the modulator from the right side and connected the harness directly to find lows and highs work normally. I can't find any reference to failures of these and Comagination's website is lacking in contact info. I just shot an e-mail to their sales address and will have to wait until Monday.
Just email them (only way to contact them), they do get back promptly.

I damaged my sensor wire (my own fault) & needed to have it repaired. They (Phil) replied & I had my sensor wired repaired. Very good service.

Last edited by a moderator: