05 fuel pump

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the knowledge on how to remove the fuel pump successfully without damaging it?
Where were you on Friday?

It is all here or linked to where you can find the information. Hit search (top right hand corner of the site) type "+fuel +pump"

Then use the google on the internets. Type fjrinfo.

Go to the new members link and read all of that.

Welcome to the nuthouse.

1703_fueltank.gif

Does anyone have the knowledge on how to remove the fuel pump successfully without damaging it?
I had to remove mine and then replace it, it was pretty easy, the only difficult thing is trying to get the float out and it appeared that the pump did not want to come out with out having to kind of pry it out, you'll see what i am talking about once you begin the process, putting the fuel pump back in was easier.

just remember which color electrical wire goes to which terminal spade,

fuelpumpfittings.jpg

I actually had to put my electrical fittings back together after having the wires ripped out of them, I do not thinki will go into how I accomplished that or broke the fuel line off, which resulted in me having to buy a new one and reair the fittings and get it back together but, it was not as hard as you think, just make sure the o ring is in place you see in the diagram....

Just remove tank, empty fuel, then set the tank on a towel, unbolt it then it just slids out.....

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: