CHECK those connectors under the tank

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
I have an 05.

About 4 months ago I had my first ever problem....as I was riding the bike would cut in and out in and out around 3200RPM or so then it would come good. some days it did it others it did not. I thought it was the TB so I had that replaced under the recall. Made no difference. I remember someone here looking at their main bus connectors under their tank and found some dirty connectors. S I decided to have a look today and this is what I found....

Some green bits

IMG_2228.jpg

And more...

IMG_2230.jpg

So I've cleaned them up and we will see what happens next itme I take it out which willll be tomorrow.

It still runs a little rough when cold (when warm it bloody flys!)after it had it's 20,000K service might have to check to see if someone can do a TBS just to make sure. They did tell me it will need a new air filter next time around so I may as well ge tthat changed now rather than later.

Anyhoo I'll keep ya posted!

Ciao

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thought, Loren, that was exactly where my mind went. Especially for those of us who DO ride in inclement weather.

Thanks for the piccies, Thug....you realize you've caused 1/3 of the FJR owners a new reason to raise the tank!?!?!? :dribble:

Good thought, Loren, that was exactly where my mind went. Especially for those of us who DO ride in inclement weather.
Thanks for the piccies, Thug....you realize you've caused 1/3 of the FJR owners a new reason to raise the tank!?!?!? :dribble:
Yeah bummer eh!?

I just put some WD40 on for the time being will get some electrical grease asap.