Lousiville Ky Help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NetCat

Reaction score
I am on a trip heading toward home and stopped in Louisville Ky. My front tire has decided to wear funny. 2/3 of it is fine and 1/3 is worn almost completely slick in the middle of the tread.

So .. Anyone have any experience with shops in this area? Any advice for trying to get a new tire before Tuesday :blink:

Thanks

Chad

I am on a trip heading toward home and stopped in Louisville Ky. My front tire has decided to wear funny. 2/3 of it is fine and 1/3 is worn almost completely slick in the middle of the tread.
So .. Anyone have any experience with shops in this area? Any advice for trying to get a new tire before Tuesday :blink:

Thanks

Chad
If your trip brings you north towards Cincinnati, I don't have a tire but do have a changer.

-MD

Found a shop open on Sunday and they helped me out with a Dunlop Roadsmart. Crisis averted. :yahoo:

Thanks for the posts.

If anyone is stranded in Louisville ... These guys were helpful. Cycle Works 3302 Preston Hwy (502) 366-7102.

Chad

Chad - Glad you got everything resolved.

What happened to the front Storm? Too many miles? Any photos of it?

How many miles did you have on it?

I think it was mostly a mileage issue. They were pretty worn out at around 8,000 miles. The part that I found a little odd was that one small section was much worse then the rest of the tire. It wasn't just cupping. It would be like the red section below was worn below the tread but the rest of the tire showed normal wear with slight cupping etc.

_

/ \

| |

\ _ /

Well .. that didn't work too well. I will try and post a picture when I get home in a couple of days. If the wear would have been more uniform around the tire then it should have made it back to Austin.

I still like the Storms and would buy them again. Maybe I had a small issue with the MFG of my front but they were due to be replaced anyway.

BTW...

I had just finished a tour through Natches Trace Parkway, Deals Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway, and West Virgina back roads. So ... That front had been pushed fairly hard over the past 10 days.

Chad

Last edited by a moderator: