Skooter's Lost His Headlights....What's the List to Try?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Skooter's coming up to Ely to rally and said he's lost his headlights. I don't have all the details since he woke me up and I wasn't in full diagnostic mode.

He has stock low and high halogens (PHIDs on a totally different circuit).

Neither of those work. We've got a service manual with a diagnostic section and will check the fuse(s) first to make sure. Second guess is a relay.

Any other thoughts out there....something easier to check while in a parking lot and limited tools and time?

Thanks.

Ig

You say the PHIDs are on a different circuit from the stock lights and all are dark? What is common across both circuits? How about the high beam switch?

If his PHIDs are triggered off of the high beams I would guess that the headlight fuse is kerpoped.

Are the PHIDs coming off a fuse block? How are the PHIDs turned on? Uh, do the brake lights work? How about the turn signals? The answer to these questions will cover the signaling and lighting related fuses.

Skooter just rolled in and we pulled off the panels. It was a popped fuse. Put another one in and no smoke after 30 seconds.

He's good to go....or as good to go as somebody like him can be.

Thanks all!

Ig

Disconnect the Vibrating Butt Plug from the Headlamp wiring circuit. That should cure what's ailing him!

To bad he don't run Milwaukees finest. That'd be a manual unit.

Damn! I love Fridays :)

:jester: