TBS-what am I missing?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.paul

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Searched a bit and couldn't quite get this one answered. I have a '06 FJR with about 19k on the odo.

Yesterday I finally got around to changing the plugs. The originals actually looked great. Just figured 19,000 was a lot to ask. While in there, I did the throttle body sync. They weren't too bad, with #4 just a tad lower. Just a little tweaking and they were all incredibly even. However, when I held the throttle at an indicated 3k rpm, #'s 1&4 were noticibly higher on the Motion Pro carb sticks than #'s 2&3. About a mark and a half. I just happened to have a '06 FJR identical to mine right next to me and we sync'd the bodies on that one also. It did not show the same disparity (it only has 8k on the odo.).

Is this anything to be concerned about? Is it time to take advantage of my Y.E.S.?

The bike has been well cared for and ridden entirely by me. Nothing wild. Really officer. Runs good although I think a very light miss has worked it's way in there over time, but that is hard to tell. Never a lick of trouble from it otherwise.

Opinions?

paul from Minnesota

Is this anything to be concerned about? Is it time to take advantage of my Y.E.S.?
Don't panic, I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. Did you re-synch at 3000rpm? If not, try it and then synch again at idle. Sometimes it takes a few times going back and forth to get a really good synch.

I think I will try that. It was just a bit alarmig that my friends bike did not exhibit similar disparity.

paul from Minnesota.

Don't panic, I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. Did you re-synch at 3000rpm? If not, try it and then synch again at idle. Sometimes it takes a few times going back and forth to get a really good synch.