How to clear ABS codes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grant

Reaction score
On a 2005 FJR the ABS light will not go off. My problem is I've got a fsm for the 06 and later bikes so I don't know if the code I got (31 I believe) is right. That code indicates a problem in the fuse or wiring but I can't find one. I've got an extra ABS ECU I'm considering swapping in at this point but first I'd just like to clear the code and see if it comes back. I've tried clearing it with the process in the 06-07 manual but it doesn't seem to work on the 05. I know that the ABS pump is different so there must be other changes between the generations that involve the code clearing process. The process I have for clearing codes is turn the main switch to ON, the engine stop switch to OFF and press the starter button at least 10 times in 4 seconds. This doesn't seem to do anything and the light just stays on. If I'm doing something wrong or anybody can tell me the process for clearing an ABS code on an 05, i'd appreciate the help. Thanks!

... The process I have for clearing codes is turn the main switch to ON, the engine stop switch to OFF and press the starter button at least 10 times in 4 seconds...
Hi Grant.

Your process is right, but you must first to plug this jumper in the ABS test socket located in the front fairing, near the bettery.

testabsij0.jpg

This allow to the ABS system to enter in a test routine. Then you may reset all recorded error codes.

Thanks, Patrick. I don't have the actual Yamaha tool but I do have the sky blue and ground wires jumped since it's my understanding that is what the tool does. When I do the process nothing happens at all, the light just stay on.

Thanks, Patrick. I don't have the actual Yamaha tool but I do have the sky blue and ground wires jumped since it's my understanding that is what the tool does. When I do the process nothing happens at all, the light just stay on.
:huh: May be you really have a problem ?!

Did you tryed the ABS test ?