Vibration

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caryt

Reaction score
I have done it all...2-3 times! Retouque the engine bolts, PCIII maps, Carb sync etc and still have vibs. I have never rode a different FJR to know if this is as good as it can get of if something is still out of wack or I just have a bad vib one. Anyone neer my area so I could compair. I haven't taken it to a dealer as the 2 in my area were not to friendly when it came to doing the CPU recall..I did it myself with help from a out of state dealer.

Thanks, Cary

its probably nothing,,i have holeshot pipes,,n dyno tuned,,with a dobeck unit,,same as a p/c 3,,while going through the gears at full throttle it will vibrate between 7 n 8k i can feel it in my ass from the frame under the seat,,but its always done it,,i dont trip on it,,i have 46000 ,,i think its a normal vibration,,i am having trouble with second coming out of gear,,taking it in next week to have it fixed under extended warranty,, now thats a real problem, not an imagined one,,,lol,,lol,,u know what i had to get out of my head,,i start listening n come up with some strange noises,,,the hell with it,,i just ride it n have fun,,,have fun,,,,,,

I had the same thing with mine. It never really bothered me as my riding was commuting and riding an hour here and there. I bought it towards the end of the season last year and was gearing p to ride this year

Last weekend I rode for 4 hours friday 8 hours sat. and 4 sunday. My hands did not feel right until thursday.

I bought this bike to tour and, after spending hours researching this "problem, at least to me" could not be eliminated, only reduced, I traded it it yesterday on another bike.

This type of long term vibration can do nerve damage. I am just sensitive to the vibration. It is the same issue as the heat. It bothers some and some it does not. I never though there was much heat on this bike.

No disresepct to the bike. This is a phenomenal machine, it just is not going to give me the comfort for what I want.

The frequency of the vibration in worse in the 2800-3500 rpm range..I spend most of my riding in the 3k-3.5 k range. 4k and higher it gets "better" as the frequency increases and isn't as numbing, it then gets more buzzy at the seat and pegs. If the right hand grip would just buzz like the left I'd be happier. :blink: If it did it at 7-8k I would be estatic :yahoo:

Cary

The frequency of the vibration in worse in the 2800-3500 rpm range..I spend most of my riding in the 3k-3.5 k range. 4k and higher it gets "better" as the frequency increases and isn't as numbing, it then gets more buzzy at the seat and pegs. If the right hand grip would just buzz like the left I'd be happier. :blink: If it did it at 7-8k I would be estatic :yahoo:

Cary

My 08 is really bad as well. I can fee it thru the foot peg's and the handle bars especially bad. I cannot go more than 15 or 20 minutes before my right hand is completely num and I have to stop and let my hand return to normal. I have had my 08 for nearly 2 months and the ODO just reached the 1600KM.

Frankly it is not that much fun to ride, it leaves me wishing that I had kept my FZ1.

It's an in-line four.......they all do it at specific RPM's
Yes I understand that..had a 73 Z1 in the day. What I don't get is why some do it at low rpm and others at high rpm and is their a way to adjust something else to move the vibs up the rpm range? I haven't done a dyno tune, maybe that could help? I'm just running Dale's settings which runs great even tho it is a sealevel tune and I'm at 5k'+.