Main Electrical Harness Routing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALFJR

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
After my deer/FJR incident, I noticed that my main electrical harness may not be properly routed. I looked in the FSM, and those wire/hose routing diagrams are about as effective as a fart in a windstorm. I also serached the forum looking for some real pictures of the area in question...

Here's where I could use some help. At present the main wire harness comes out from under the IP and is routed around the outside of the clutch hose immediately after where the front subframe (the front "stay") attaches to the "main" fame. All this is on the left side of the FJR. I believe this electrical harness should be on the inside of the clutch hose and NOT going around it as it is at present.

Can someone please look at their 2005 and let me know how the harness is routed with respect to the clutch hose? If it's not asking too much, a pic or two would go a long way. If the harness is supposed to go on the inside of the clutch hose, it may be easiest to try and reroute the hode instead of the harness, as the harness has several connectors that go up into the IP on one end, and who knows where under the tank!!

Thanks in advance!!

Cheers!