g2 throttle tube install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripntx

Reaction score
Received my G2 Throttle Tube from bike effects yesterday evening. Last night I removed the old tube, with the help of compressed air (thank you all who recommended in other posts). Noted position of tube cable versus AE heated grip attachment. Applied graphite to bar, lubed cable ends, installed heated grip on G2 Tube with compressed air, all was good until I tightened the cable housing, which keeps binding up the tube assembly.

What am I doing wrong?

I've taken off the cable housing and reinstalled it several times last night, decided to get a good nights sleep, which unfortunetly hasn't helped my situation. I've tried taking it off numerous this morning, ensuring everything is lined up properly, but I can't get it to work. Everything is good until I start tightening up the cable housing, which places a hold on the tube/grip assembly and will not let them rotate.

Please help,

Tripntx

Found the problem, turns out the cam wasn't pressed onto the tube enough. Now it is installed, cables adjusted, and rotates properly and returns properly.

Have a new problem. I do not have any idea how to reinstall the Throttle Meister bar end.

Thanks for the link, had read it awhile back, before ordering the G2, was a good read again.

As far as my throttle meister goes, the oring that protrudes the farthest into our handlebars was badly damaged when removed. Searched O'Reilly and the local hardware store but ccould not find an exact match for proper replacement. Found one close enough to reinstall on bar but not good enough to use it as intended. Called throttle meister, they are throwing a couple of them in an envelope and shipping them to me.