Throttlemeister / G-2 compatability?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredder

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm beginning my quest to fix that #$%&^@ throttle abruptness that so plagues my 06.

I'm prob gonna go with the PCIII but I'd also like to try the G-2 in addition (or solo each).

-My question... will the G-2 allow the Throttlemeister to function properly or will it render my cruise useless?

Thanks in advance.

Both on mine as well, topped the whole thing off with grip puppies and did the spring release. Removed slack from the throttle cable too. All together they help some but its still there. With all of that if I'm really carefull I can somtimes get a smooth trottle response from throttle on to off to back on but not too often. Been riding 30 years and never had a bike that the throttle did this. Last week I rode a coworkers bike home for him, burned his corneas welding, ouch!! I drove 1:45 mins on a bike I never sat on through winding roads. Perfect throttle control. Dont let anyone tell ya to get used to it. Its def a problem. I havent done the PCIII yet. Probably go that route after the summer. Even with the throttle issue I still love the Feejer, it would just be absolutly perfect if it were'nt for the throttle.

No problems after 22k miles. All still works as advertised :yahoo:

-My question... will the G-2 allow the Throttlemeister to function properly or will it render my cruise useless?
Thanks in advance.
I just installed the G2 on my bike a couple of days ago (middle of last week) and my bike already had Throttlemeister on it. I had hell getting the Throttlemeister off, turns out the two orings that stick the fartherest into the bar was damaged beyond reuse. Called up Throttlemeister and they shipped me some new orings. Received the orings today, all is back together and it holds like its supposed to.

I have done the spring unwound once, G2 & Throttlemeister and I am satisfied. I personally haven't found a need for the PCIII or Barbarian mod.

I did the G2 and Throttlemeister at the same time and have not had any problems. I plan on removing the tank this weekend to do a spring tension change and more importantly, get rid of some of the free play in the cables. I've made all of the adjustment I can in the cable adjuster so it's time to get more involved. I really like the grip puppies. Money well spent.

Okie

Go with the G2 first. If you still feel the need for a PCIII, add it later. I think you'll be surprised by what the G2 does for it.

Thank you to all! I'm gonna have a go at it.

Rondo777 I agree w/ you. That throttle off / on thing should never have gotten past the Yamaha team. Borderline unsafe. I was in the hills of WV last week and I was nearly as focused or sometimes more focused on applying the throttle so that "whack" wouldnt send me flyin! Without that throttle PROBLEM the bike would be so sweet.

Ditto from me on G2 & Throttlemeister. TM was somewhat a pain to install on throttle side but well worth it. Also found a throttle body synchro will improve smoothness.

Sorry to disagree Mike but rider smoothness has nothing to do with the throttle abruptness.

It's 100% mechanical issue and a flaw in the FJR.

There is not a person on the planet that, without riding the clutch with every throttle opening, could have smoothed out the bucking bronco like abruptness of my FJR when I first got it. In all my 30 years of riding bikes and driving cars I've never felt anything like it. Yamaha should be shot for letting these get out of the factory. It is indeed a safety issue.

Even with the most minute of throttle adjustments, and I'm talking millimeters, it ws nothing, nothing, nothing, then bang, and if you were leaned over you'd better hang on tight.

Only with the addition of the G2 tube & PCIII do I feel my bike is safe to be ridden.

I can only think that not all bikes had the issue, and some had it worse than others.