Lube your rear brake

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonRed7

Reaction score
Yhea,. i know everybody goes through all the every day pre-ride checks and performs the exact service and maintanence intervals. However just for hell next time on you'r walk about around the bike give the rear brake lever a squirt of spray lube of some kind. There's a little space at the rear of the pivot that you can shoot some Rust Check or other in...and work it in with a bunch of lever action. Mine started not returning back up this week. I'm on the east coast so the air tends to be pretty corrosive,.....Anyhoo.........just a heads up.

Cheers

-Don

+1...also a good idea to remove said lever annually (during the off season makes sense) and applying Lithium grease to the shaft. While the book reccomends the soap based type , I prefer to use the oil based Lithium with this type of use....seems to last the season and fairly water resistant.

Kinda the same as lubing the sidstand, centerstand, all that crap under there that gets wet and muddy as you ride around.

I use a spray can of white grease from WalMart.

Um, don't let it splatter on your exhaust pipes. . . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda the same as lubing the sidstand, centerstand, all that crap under there that gets wet and muddy as you ride around.
I use a spray can of white grease from WalMart.

Um, don't let it splatter on your exhaust pipes. . . . . .
Please elaborate on why you wouldn't want that to happen?

May be useless without pics.

Chris

+1...also a good idea to remove said lever annually (during the off season makes sense) and applying Lithium grease to the shaft. While the book reccomends the soap based type , I prefer to use the oil based Lithium with this type of use....seems to last the season and fairly water resistant.
What's an off season?