Need ignition switch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paste007

Reaction score
HELP. Does anyone have a Yamaha dealer who has in stock a Main Ignition Key Switch, Yamaha part # 5PS825011000 for a 2006 FJR(a)?

My dealer has one on order, but has been told that they're comming from Japan and that it might take several weeks. He also checked with a couple of the larger dealers in California, neither of which had that part.

I've also checked with several other sources, including Gen at Desert Valley Powersports, who said that not only is the part not in the U.S., but that it doen't even show that it's in Japan. When asked what that meant, he stated that he assumed that Yamaha would have to make the part.

For a common part like a Main Ignition Key Switch to not be in stock or even in existence within the entire Yamaha network is not really an endorsement for buying another Yamaha.

Please help. My wife will shoot me if I'm stuck around the house for that long.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Paste007

Bakersfield, CA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. Hot wire the damn thing with a toggle switch and ride it until the real part get's in. That is what 75% of everybody else is doing.

Contact 03silverbullet. When his switch went out last week, he found two places in Kali that had them. So there should be one left.

BTW, I split your post and started your own thread as it wasn't quite appropriate to piggyback this subject onto the other thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Paste,

My local dealer, Powerhouse, Paso Robles, recently went out of biz.

Too bad, especially for me..

I will ask around at San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, and Lompoc for you.

Will post later with results.

DC