The Clark

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love anything OZ, but that looks like a disaster just waiting to happen. Definatley better have ABS.

Maybe if you're handicapped and that's your only option, but I'll also pass. :unsure:

Ladies please!

Mick Dooan had one made when he busted his right leg, and didn't go back to a foot operated brake when his leg was mended, I would like to see a seperate little thumb operated lever for the rear.

Ladies please!
Mick Dooan had one made when he busted his right leg, and didn't go back to a foot operated brake when his leg was mended, I would like to see a seperate little thumb operated lever for the rear.

Like I said, if you were disabled... (even mentally :D )

So I've been racking my brains trying to think of anything other than a bicycle that I've ever ridden with two hand brakes. Maybe a old Cushman utility vehicle. But not anything with a thumb brake that I had confidence in that also had a clutch. I can't see doing those two things with one hand like that with precision easily.

I don't know, here's to hoping I never need full hand controls...

I'm not knocking it per say, just that in a panic stop situation I grab the clutch and go for the brakes. I can see myself locking up the rear wheel the first time some body on their cell phone cuts me off.

I'm not saying its a bad invention, just bad for me.

The dude who invented it has it on his KTM bush basher. He though of the idea when he had an accident where he could not put his foot on the rear brake going down a lumpy hill he needed to maintain his balance with his right foot on the ground hence the idea. Might be good for motorcross?