Track Day Jefferson

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Finally got my collarbone fixed!!!
Reaction score
https://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/ThumbPage....mp;g=03HV00GS27

These pics will be gone after 9/1. My favorite is pic 5 but I bought pic 8 for my wall to go with the pic of me on the cbr600rr.

If anyone remembers this is the gsxr I traded smitty my fjr for.

I put the gearing back to stock as it was geared down way too much for me. The vortex rear sprocket was shark fin'd bad!

I had a great time but I have a lot to learn. I enter the corners ok but am still not getting on the gas enough or soon enough coming out of the corners but man it is the most fun I have ever had with my clothes on!!!

cool stuff man!

track newb myself..... it is really a lot of fun! hope to get out there some more....

with the 1000, gotta be a bit careful on the gas on exit though, eh?

cool stuff man!
track newb myself..... it is really a lot of fun! hope to get out there some more....

with the 1000, gotta be a bit careful on the gas on exit though, eh?
Definitely have to be careful but when I took a 600rr out I was no better LOL!

I have ridden for 20 years but sport bikes only the last 3 really and track only 3 times.

I have a harley I ride to and from work so the gsxr gets little time.

I come into the corners with the same speed as the 600's and then they get on the gas so much sooner that by the exit of the corner they are way ahead of me.

I saw a guy spin the rear at the apex of turn 1 doing exactly what I fear so I am in no hurry to experience a low side LOL!

Money allowing I would like to go more than just once a year however!

Fun stuff...you look good out there.

Going more than once a year is prolly a good idea.

Where do you live? Did you do Jefferson with NESBA? I live about 15mins from Summit. I haven't been to Jefferson but I have been to Summit Main, Shenandoah, NJMP (lightning), VIR and heading to Beaverun this weekend. Can you tell I'm hooked?? Good luck and ride safe.