Anyone using a Motofizz Through Tank Bag?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcfjr

Reaction score
I've had my old Cortech Mini-Magnetic tank bag since a month after I got my '05 four years ago, and frankly it has seen its better days. I've been looking around for a new bag for a few weeks, but haven't seen anything that looked right for me.

A couple of days ago I got a new Aerostich/Rider Warehouse catalog in the mail, and came across the Motofizz Through magnetic tank bag.

I don't need a lot of space - just enough for the basics: cell phone, camera, paperback book, small first aid kit, face shield cleaner bottle, etc. The Through bag is 100 cubic inches (1.6 liters), and looks to fit the bill. I like the four magnetic feet - one of my big problems with the two-mag-flap Cortech is instability during heavy crosswinds, and the Motofizz's short height and four feet make it look a lot more stable.

I've also been looking at the Rapid Transit Recon 19. I'm not a big fan of its shape, but the hydration pack setup and integrated rain cover are pretty cool.

Does anyone here have any experience with the Motofizz Through magnetic tank bag?

I've been using this one for a couple of years now, it's pretty good, and yes the design of the magnetic feet is very stable.

1989_3a.jpg

I've tried several in the past, but I still prefer the cortech super mini. I got a cortech sport tail bag that mounts to the back seat when I travel on trips so can use it for larger gear. I don't like a huge tank bag, but that is just me. I've had large tank bags before and found they were in the way more than help.

doctorj

I have an old small Nelson Riggs bag like the one you're lookng at that I use for daily commute. Then I switch to the Recon 19 for long trips.

The map window on the Recon is useless, but all the other features are great. Lots of storage, exit holes for headphones and water tube, built in rain cover ect.

You have to order the hydration pack seperatly. It comes in very handy. Holds 2 litres. It does take up a lot of room when full. I fill half way and freeze it the night before a trip. Then top it off before leaving. Even with it sitting on top of an oven, water stays cold all day.

I must add also that Rapid Transit ( Joe Rocket ) customer service is Top Notch. A few months after getting the Recon bag one of the zippers failed. I called their 800# and without question they sent me a new one with a call tag to send the defect back.

Tim

I used the MotoFizz map bag 2 on my Ural on my trip to Alaska. I can tell you that the four magnetic feet are great and very strong. No movement of the bag at all. Also for all the removal for gas it never left a scratch on the tank.

Mac

I used the MotoFizz map bag 2 on my Ural on my trip to Alaska. I can tell you that the four magnetic feet are great and very strong. No movement of the bag at all. Also for all the removal for gas it never left a scratch on the tank.
Mac
Imagining volume has never been my strong suit - what all are you able to fit into that MotoFizz Map Bag 2?

Mac
Imagining volume has never been my strong suit - what all are you able to fit into that MotoFizz Map Bag 2?
The bag is not too large but I liked it on the Ural as it has a fairly small gas tank. I carried my camera ( small , like a pack of cigs. ) tire pressure gage, hand lotion, sun tan lotion, maps and some munchies.

Mac

Are these tank bags waterproof? I need to upgrade from my cheap technic to a waterproof tank bag.
The Motofizz bag comes with a rain cover. Most Marsee tank bags come with a "storm flap" that's supposed to keep things dry on the inside of the bag, but I don't have any direct experience with them.

The Aerostich folks sell the Ortlieb TIZip Waterproof Tank Bag for $187, and the Ortlieb Waterproof Tank Bag for $127. Those are the only tank bags I've found that claim to be waterproof without using a rain cover.