Biketoberfest anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit

Reaction score
I am heading out Wednesday afternoon for daytona. Just thought I would poke my head in here and see if anyone else is going?

Stuff was already getting crazy this afternoon up in the Ormand Beach area (near exit 273 off of I-95). Lots of vendors, lots and lots and lots of AMERICAN V TWINS. They'll need to crank up the air conditioning. It seemed to raise the local ambient temperature from mid 80's to low 90's.

Meanwhile, I'm skidaddling north as fast as my wheels will carry me.

Its still fun...

ive been down by there past 2 days. I'll be taking a trip or ride down that way again on wed, just not sure of what time. Any idea when or where yyou are going to end up?

I will be htere. Riding my 2005 with a black pelican case mounted on the rear rack, Have PIAA Driving lights, and a coast guard sticker on the left fromt fork. Hope to see ya'll there. Ride safe.

I think me and my bro-in-law might go friday for a day trip from Tampa.
I'll be in the hospital in the morning getting charged up, but afterwards if your making the trip all the way from tampa, i will meet for a cold one. I'll PM you info let me know time and place..

'bandit]I will be htere. Riding my 2005 with a black pelican case mounted on the rear rack said:
same to you bandit let me know where. I'm going to hit up STEVEFJR see if he;s available also.

We might be able to make an FJR meet

Bob

I'm in!! I go every year. Bike Week in Feb. too. It's therapeutic! Please ignore my misguided Brother-in-law riding with me on the HD Fatboy!!!

Great guy, But.............. :unsure: I'll be there on Friday afternoon. If there is going to be an FJR meet, Give me a call or text (561) 248 4343.

I would enjoy the hell out of meeting some of you guys.

I'm in!! I go every year. Bike Week in Feb. too. It's therapeutic! Please ignore my misguided Brother-in-law riding with me on the HD Fatboy!!!
Great guy, But.............. :unsure: I'll be there on Friday afternoon. If there is going to be an FJR meet, Give me a call or text (561) 248 4343.

look like we are doing it! SteveFJR is in but he has to work till late afternoon, ill let him chime in on it. So we are looking at 5-6 FJR's for a Friday meet.

Next question being that im a local, do you want to meet in Daytona or down by main ST @ the beach? If we do it on International Speedway, by WING house or even fregin target to meet up and maybe get a good pick of all the bikes together.

I'll give you a call thursday or PM or Email me [email protected]

RTSR1/FJR Posted Oct 14 2008, 08:45 PMWe'll be up there Sat afternoon sometime.
I'll be there Sat as well, just not sure of the time

Bob

look like we are doing it! SteveFJR is in but he has to work till late afternoon, ill let him chime in on it. So we are looking at 5-6 FJR's for a Friday meet.

Next question being that im a local, do you want to meet in Daytona or down by main ST @ the beach? If we do it on International Speedway, by WING house or even fregin target to meet up and maybe get a good pick of all the bikes together.

RTSR1/FJR Posted Oct 14 2008, 08:45 PMWe'll be up there Sat afternoon sometime.
I'll be there Sat as well, just not sure of the time

Bob
I have me brother in law in tow. He is on a 2007 ST1300. Not sure what his plans are yet, So we are still in wing it mode. he wont be here till tomorrow afternoon. We will either leave then or Thursday AM.

Sounds good to me!! I know where all those places are. You name the place and time, I'll be there.

Friday is perfect. By the time I ride to my Bro-in-law's house and he suits up it will be perfect timing!

(561) 248-4343, [email protected]

VIC.

anyone putting a time and place for Friday? I will be there friday afternoon & will give Vic a call so far. Vic are you going to be at main street?

anyone putting a time and place for Friday? I will be there friday afternoon & will give Vic a call so far. Vic are you going to be at main street?

I will make it to main street if that is where you are going to be.

I'll get to sanford by 4. I will call you then and find out where you are.

If my Brother in law drags ass, I'll take off alone and have him meet up with us later.

I want to be in the picture that will be posted of the Florida contingent at Daytona on the Forum!!

Majic,
I've got it in the back of my head to make it down in Feb. for the 500 and bike week.

Will truck to DC then bike from there.

Post a ride plan during the winter if you are going.

Sullivan
Hey Sullivan,

Sounds like a Great Ride! Grab it from the back of you head and put it in the front!!

Bike Week in Daytona is like Disney World for Biikers. 9 days of pure Debauchery!! My kind of place.

We'll keep in touch, VIC.

I will make it to main street if that is where you are going to be.
I'll get to sanford by 4. I will call you then and find out where you are.

If my Brother in law drags ass, I'll take off alone and have him meet up with us later.

I want to be in the picture that will be posted of the Florida contingent at Daytona on the Forum!!
Vic just hit me up while your in Sanford. Im about 20 mins away north. I've been to bike week so much, and after driving almost 4 days a week in daytona; bikeweek is a regular day with traffic.

I'm looking foward to the meeting other Fj'rs. I know i'll be done with my stuff early afternoon, so i'll just play it by ear till i hear from you guys. I went to the Yamaha tent yesterday and was totally disappointed, only 1 FJR and it was an 08. thats another post.

If we meet on international we can ride together to main street. I usually park in the lot behind DIRTY HARRIES its 5 bucks but worth it not to get idiots on main street hitting into your bike. there are a few places to meet right after you cross over I-95 from sanford. you can take you pick:

1-home depot/toys-r-us probably the best cause its big

2-raceway gas

3-winghouse(but is always packed)

4-race track entrance(although FHP probably wont let you park outside

5-airport

let me know, and anyone else that can make it after 4pm ppick a place thats best for you and let up know

Bob