Members Pets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus
Reaction score
4 dogs:

Jenni Lynn - Beagle head, Basset body girl

Walker - Basset head, Beagle body boy

Reggie - Black lab girl

Lucy - pure Basset

1 cat: Lady - 14# grey tabby, declawed by previous owner (all 4 feet)

1 cocatiel - Romeo (Katrina took his Juliet)

2 guinea pigs - Cyrus & Chip

1 tropical 30 gallon aquarium

pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mholiver/

Here is my buddy:

cat.jpg

6 dogs

Romeo

Bandit

Scrappy

April

Hardley

Boomer

3 cats

Bitsy

T.G

Sissy

Blind Guinea Pig

Ziggy

My wife's a 3rd grade teacher, so we have part time pets because many live in her classroom, but here goes:

1 Dog - black lab mutt (wife wants to get a puggle or mini aussie too)

2 Cats - sisters, grey tabbies

2 Guinea pigs - one short hair, one long hair (classroom pets)

2 Rats - One white, one black (classroom pets)

1 Snake - 3' Corn snake (classroom pet)

1 Frog - About the size of a fist (classroom pet)

Breeders

8 mice - was 9 until this morning when one got fed to the snake. Will be 7 by the end of the day :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex2.jpg

Alex. Arived at my pad Thanksgiving day. Rescued for the holidays. About 14 mo old.

My wife's a 3rd grade teacher, so we have part time pets because many live in her classroom, but here goes:
1 Dog - black lab mutt (wife wants to get a puggle or mini aussie too)

2 Cats - sisters, grey tabbies

2 Guinea pigs - one short hair, one long hair (classroom pets)

2 Rats - One white, one black (classroom pets)

1 Snake - 3' Corn snake (classroom pet)

1 Frog - About the size of a fist (classroom pet)

Breeders

8 mice - was 9 until this morning when one got fed to the snake. Will be 7 by the end of the day :)
LOL

Visiting the New Orleans Audubon Zoo on Members Night with the kids, we went into the back area of the reptile house

cages had name plates on them: Hissy the King Snake, Joe the Boa, etc.

A big terrium (sic) full of mice which had no names. :dribble:

Mike in Nawlins'

We've got two extremely spoiled Siamese cats. Just can't come to get another dog, last one we had for 16 years and had to put her down. Saddest thing I have ever done. So not again for a while.

We've got two extremely spoiled Siamese cats. Just can't come to get another dog, last one we had for 16 years and had to put her down. Saddest thing I have ever done. So not again for a while.
been there, done that - very difficult

We are Basset Rescue foster family

2 bassets, Rosie & Bessie were strays and came in with bad heartworms

both were successfully treated and cured, but 6 months later came down with a cancer

had to be put down

We currently are fostering Lucy and kinda hope to keep her, but Basset director thinks 4 dogs are too much for us to own

Cost for adoption is $250 which would be a big hit for us.

A couple in Boston wants her as a playmate for their current child - another Basset (male)

We be said to see her go, but feel strongly we are good to handle foster situations and these dogs really need us

Big expense for rescue to kennel their dogs awaiting adoption and the dogs living long term in a cage really bothers us

Bye Lucy <sigh> :(

Mike in Nawlins'

Two spoiled tabbies. Sasha and Kalli. We have had Sasha for 11 years and Kalli for 4 months. They are both excellent travelers, making the 1100 mile trip from Oregon to California and back every year. They love both homes.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 dogs:

1 husky/shepherd mix. Balto. Totally lovable but dumb as a rock. Bigger than the other two combined but the wimp of the crowd. Saved from the shelter. Part of a litter that some butthead tried to drown. We think he suffered minor brain damage.

1 labradoodle. Shush-Yaz (Navajo for "Little Bear"). A niece and nephew doing a mission on a reservation picked her up as a stray. Later, they adopted two toddler girls from Liberia and found out that were deathly afraid of dogs. They called looking for a new home for the pup. She's great.

1 toy poodle. Ironman (tentatively). 5 year old from the local shelter that we said we'd foster over Christmas, but we'll be keeping him. Trying to rename him something macho so we'll quit calling him "her". I mean, you know, it's a poodle. Came from a home where he was abused, so he's a little skittish, but after only a few days here, he's beginning to settle in. Kind of gives us the whole large to tiny set.

And the spirits of three dogs and 2 guinea pigs hang around the house where they are still loved.

1 Weimaraner - Lucius (Lew-Shus) 11 months old. Here he is enjoying his first Christmas...not. :glare:

1 Cat - Figaro, but he's camera shy.

LuciusXmas.jpg

1 dog named Scooby, (yes, we let the kids name him). He's a Schnoodle, Schnauzer/Poodle mix. First dog I've ever had, and we picked a good one.

Oh, and a Beta fish named Rainbow, which has had several traumatic moments, but survived. His previous brethren typically lasted a couple weeks, and he's still swimming after about 8 months.

Have four Golden Retriver's duck dogs Max,Mandy, two pups Maverick, Mindy my wie has a thing for M-names. And a cat named Knee-Sox. But they live outside in their house and I live inside in mine.Too many allergies for them to live inside. :rolleyes:

We have 3 dogs.... all labs.... 13 year old Yellow "Belle", 2 year olds "TATER" chocolate and "Gus" black

We also have two birds... a cockatiel "Tweet" and a Parrotlet "Squirt"

My wife named all of them except TATER and he's all mine :rolleyes: