05 ticker

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA CYCLE RIDER

Reaction score
My 05 with 20k on it is starting to sound like a time bomb. So I must now narrow down my choice of yamaha dealers to consider who will perform the neccessary tear down and repair of the cyclinder head. And like eveyone else who has drawn the short straw and wound up with a ticker, I am not too happy about it. But I must get the bike to a competant shop and proceed with the repair. Too bad I am not out west or it would be Sunnyside bound, but geez three thousand miles is a long way. I am in the Atlanta area and would like to hear from anybody who has had a good experience with any yamaha dealer within a couple of hundred miles of Atlanta that has had their ticker repaired to 100% satisfaction, if that is possible.

You might call D&H Cycle in Cullman, AL. They have sold over 150 FJRs. If they can't do the repair they might recommend a good shop in the Atlanta area.

They are closed on Mondays. Call 1-888-553-3311 and ask for Jerold, the manager/owner. He's a good guy and he'll be very helpful.

D&H has said they have had no tickers or knowledge of any tickers. Probably because they sell out of state and get little or no return maintanence.

I have purchased bikes from D & H and will in the future. great people to deal with, but not a place to go for major reoairs. I think yamaha must send sand boxes to most dealers into which they stick their heads when asked about the excesive exhaust valve guide wear on FJR's. We all have heard the old "see no evil, hear no evel, Dont want to repair any evil"...especialy a major bitch job like fixxing your ticker which they want to convince you is only noises in your head...No pun intended.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have purchased bikes from D & H and will in the future. great people to deal with, but not a place to go for major reoairs. I think yamaha must send sand boxes to most dealers into which they stick their heads when asked about the excesive exhaust valve guide wear on FJR's. We all have heard the old "see no evil, hear no evel, Dont want to repair any evil"...especialy a major bitch job like fixxing your ticker which they want to convince you is only noises in your head...No pun intended.
What was the ultimate outcome of this? I'm in the same boat. 19k on an '05 and it sounding worse with each passing day.