Gen II Crash Bar Group Buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
'Un-Official' FJR Crash Bar Group Buy Details.

This is an semi-organized group buy for the crash bars the George helped pioneer as show in this thread: Clicky here

The folks that made these for George are: www.racing905.com

I have worked with Stephanie at racing905 to come up with what I feel is a reasonable group buy price.

Essentially the bars you see on George's bike are avaialble through this group buy in BLACK for:

Complete set: $300

Front or Rears sets: $150

You may buy a set or you may buy just half. What ever floats your boat.

The minimum order to get free shipping is 10 units. I'm quite confident we'll get there.

Since this isn't the ONLY FJR forum, I've moved the final details to a page on my website.

(It's just easier for me to update)

You will find those details posted here:

Clicky here

Duff took some great pics of his bike with these bars mounted [here]

I have done the best I can to answer as many questions as I can. Without actually laying hands on a set, there are some questions that just won't be answered until someone or some of us go first.

I have placed my order, and encourage you to do so if you commited to be part of this group buy. If you change your mind, please let me know.

Tracking

Confirmed people (by their posting)

Click Here to view the tracking spreadsheet.

Disclaimer:

This Un-Official Group Buy is simply an organization of a group of members in order to get the best price possible.

- I take no responsibility for these bars, their worthiness, or value, though I fully intend to participate, purchase and install a set myself.

- I am representing to the vendor that we have X people interested, again to get the best price possible. I have no ties to this vendor and should they turn into a complete schmuck, you agree to hold me harmless as I'll be in the same boat as you.

- I gain nothing from doing this, no free bars, no free anything. GMC gets the credit if any credit is to be given as he's the one that got them created in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any reason they would not fit GenI bikes other than needing a hole in the fairing? That might give you a bigger pool of buyers. . . .

Is there any reason they would not fit GenI bikes other than needing a hole in the fairing? That might give you a bigger pool of buyers. . . .
I don't know the answer to that and I'm not sure they do either.

any plans to offer the front and rear bars separately?
I don't think so, these are made to order, not anything they stock that I'm aware of... I'm kind of on the fence for the rears myself, but figure $300 is a good deal for just the fronts IMHO, and probably won't push the issue with them. If there is enough interest in just the fronts or just the rears, I'll ask.

I also intend to keep this buy as simple as possible, famous last words, I'm sure.

I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT...... :blink: damn, maybe I should get a motorcycle first. :sadsmiley02: Kidding aside, foot placement has been one of my concerns in my test rides on the FJR. This product would take care of issssues. Good Find! I am interested and believe my window for the bike isn't more than a couple of months... and conveniently I live in Chula Vista.

OK I think I'm in for a dark cherry set..... however I sure wish I knew how the cornering clearance is for those rear guards. I hate to put them on and end up dragging them. They do look like great protection for the bags though.

This is still a work in progress.
But based on the photos of the crash bars in this thread: Clicky here

I am interested in these crash bars for my Gen II (06) bike. For more than just crash protection, perhaps better highway peg mounting options.

The folks that made these for George are: https://www.racing905.com/contact.html

I'm still trying to gather the details, but it's looking like the following:

* Minimum order to get this group buy off the ground: (5) (I am one of those) so we need (4) more victims.

* Cost will be roughly $300 plus shipping.

* Color: Powder coated in Black, other colors available for an additional charge.

Updated Q&A

Questions I have to them are:

1: Can they estimate the shipping costs. ($35 to lower 48 States)

2: Does this include any/all mounting hardware? (Yes all mounting hardware and installation instructions are included)

3: What is the cost for the additional powder coating? (Additional colors are a $55 setup charge)

If you are interested in a set of these, please post your name in THIS thread. I suspect if we can get 10 or more the price will be even less, perhaps $275 a set for both the front and rear crash bars.

So we have (1) at this time (Me)
Count me in also.

I can't see why they wouldn't fit a gen 1. Front mount is same as R&G sliders, so the hole in the plastic would be necessary. If I'm off base somebody please let me know cause I'm gonna jump onboard with a yes add me to the list (I'm sure I could probaly sell them to a gen 2er if needed). Thanks

OK as of this morning we have meat the minimum commitment of 5 (and a half) units.

I have edited the first post to include the following.

Confirmed people (by their posting) as of 1/15 10am EST

1: Renegade (Black)

2: twistedcricket (only wants the rears)

3: Chris D (Dark Cherry Set)

4: Daddyman (Black)

5: Slow2 (Black)

6: vol210 (Black)

Unsure?

1: GWing (doesn't have a bike yet)

---------

I'm going to let this thread run through the weekend and we'll call it done on Monday.

NOTE: if you did NOT specify, I assumed you wanted a Black set. They said other colors were available for a $55 setup charge. At least one person wants the Black Cherry, so I would ASSUME that anyone else that wants Black Cherry could split the setup charge, but I'm going to verify that.

I'm also going to ask about pricing for 'just the front' and 'just the rear'.

I don't see why they'd care one way or the other, but we have met the commitment of (5) without twistedcrickets 1/2 set ;)

-MD

OK as of this morning we have meat the minimum commitment of 5 (and a half) units.
I have edited the first post to include the following.

Confirmed people (by their posting) as of 1/15 10am EST

1: Renegade (Black)

2: twistedcricket (only wants the rears)

3: Chris D (Dark Cherry Set)

4: Daddyman (Black)

5: Slow2 (Black)

6: vol210 (Black)

Unsure?

1: GWing (doesn't have a bike yet)

---------

I'm going to let this thread run through the weekend and we'll call it done on Monday.

NOTE: if you did NOT specify, I assumed you wanted a Black set. They said other colors were available for a $55 setup charge. At least one person wants the Black Cherry, so I would ASSUME that anyone else that wants Black Cherry could split the setup charge, but I'm going to verify that.

I'm also going to ask about pricing for 'just the front' and 'just the rear'.

I don't see why they'd care one way or the other, but we have met the commitment of (5) without twistedcrickets 1/2 set ;)

-MD
What is the final price? I think you said it may go under $300 if you had more people, I'm interested in a set also.

What is the final price? I think you said it may go under $300 if you had more people, I'm interested in a set also.
I had in my mind a breaking point of 10 before I'd push the issue. I have asked them though and we'll see what they say.

I wouldn't expect much, I'm shooting for $275-$280 a set at 10+ QTY and maybe $250/$260 for 20+ which I don't think we'll reach.

I *think* George stated he coughed up $600 bones for his initial set. Which if that's accurate than we all owe him a beer or 3 for being the pioneer.

I'll post up when I hear back from them.

I had in my mind a breaking point of 10 before I'd push the issue. I have asked them though and we'll see what they say.

I wouldn't expect much, I'm shooting for $275-$280 a set at 10+ QTY and maybe $250/$260 for 20+ which I don't think we'll reach.

I *think* George stated he coughed up $600 bones for his initial set. Which if that's accurate than we all owe him a beer or 3 for being the pioneer.

I'll post up when I hear back from them.
Ok thanks, I'll wait for your reply.