PNW SPring Tech Meet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auburn

Reaction score
Details for the tech meet discussed in the original Fuz block thread.

Date: Saturday March 14th.

Start: Noon (offical start) you can show up as early as 10 AM if you want to.

Finish: whenever Saturday evening

Food: Please donate towards the pizza when we order mid afternoon. Bring what you like to drink, I'll have ice and plenty of fridge space to keep it cold.

Primary focus of Tech Meet:

1. Electrical Fuz block installs (or others)
  2. Connecting other Farkles - Let me know if you need special tools - I may have them so you don't have to haul them with you
  3. I do have a TBS for those that need to
  4. No-Mar for tire changes (please take your take offs with you)
  5. General group get-togehter and have fun :yahoo: Wives and significant others welcome, kids too.

Location: AuburnFJR's house in Auburn, WA. (send me an email to get directions bryan-0011 at live dot com

Please respond in this thread if you plan to attend. I have room for 4-5 that may be traveling from outside the area to spend the night Friday and/or Saturday night. (There are several motels within 5 miles if you prefer)

Overnighters:

1. Duster19
  2. n2osx + Mrs
  3. Wingshot

Duster19, Beamer-Reamer, Hudson are coordinating the purchase of electrical supplies. (Wire, wire loom, heat shrink, etc...) please contact them or on this thread to let them know you are willling to help or want to chip in on the costs.

Attending:

1. AuburnFJR + Mrs.
  2. Hudson + Mrs., & sons
  3. BeamerReemer
  4. Duster19
  5. niehart
  6. escapefjrtist
  7. panman
  8. knuclehead
  9. n2osx + Mrs.
  10. wingshot
  11. Night Falcon
  12. Harald ?? (maybe)
  13. Makuna
  14. FJR13k
  15. blufjr ??
  16. Stephen ??
  17. ahchiu
  18. 2wheeltiger
  19. dang
  20. bikerskier ??
  21. Jed
  22. Galactus
  23. LeftBase
  24. snowmonkey

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Count me in. I ordered the Gen II crash bars, sent to Garauld for paint but I should have them shortly. If I havent managed to install them before this meet I'll bring them.[/SIZE]

Maybe I will come up just to play with the NoMar. Remove and replace tires for fun. What about changing fork oil? Just thinking outloud. :unsure:

Another great opportunity to work on other folks bikes...I love it. :lol: I'll give Hudson a shout and see what electrical components we're missing and then rummage through the drawers. Keep in mind that good quality wire and connectors can be purchased at West Marine, Boaters World, etc. Might be able to save a little freight.

See everyone in March.

--G

A heads up if you think you want to change your stock plugs out.

Just changed my plugs (NGK IRIDIUM IX set of 4 spark plugs CR8EIX Stock nummber 4218) this winter and wanted everyone to know that this ebay guy is great (fast shipping).

Ebay name is apwonline or you can call him at (714) 890-1247.

Dave

Hey, this sounds fun. If the weather is nice, I''ll ride down to add moral support.... that and polish my ZX-14 chrome. :unsure:

Did someone say PIZZA? I do not need any more farkles, but I will attend if I am in town and lend a helping hand. Its 50/50 whether or not I have a trip then.

Maybe I will come up just to play with the NoMar. Remove and replace tires for fun. What about changing fork oil? Just thinking outloud. :unsure:
Maybe they can work you in. I heard Bfehklar has a mandatory tire changing session scheduled.

:lol:

Maybe they can work you in. I heard Bfehklar has a mandatory tire changing session scheduled.

:lol:
I'm having my front Avon Azaro shipped over to Bryan's. I really want to learn how to change tires (since I'm going to be eating up about 2-3 sets a season). We need someone to have their rear tired changed. I'll be purchasing my own machine soon. :)

Dave

Count me in, I need to put my Audiovox CC in and throttle body sync, heated grips and set my sag, any sugesstions on what else I should do while it apart ?I also have a set of Gauauld aux light bracket for gen2 for sale, I'm putting FZ1 mirrors on and will need gen1 brackets,PM me if anyone want's them $36.00.I will also pitch in for any food.

Thanks

Marcus

Hey AuburnFJR,

I plugged the date into my calendar and there's a conflict: I'm out of town that weekend! :angry:

So please take my name off the list. Damn! Even though I don't have any farkles to install I was looking forward to hanging out and helping. Oh well, there's always next time.....

For those installing the Audiovox CC who plan on putting a vacume tube in, I 'm putting one on and can get the parts for who ever else wants one, PM me and let me know what parts you need.

I would love to learn how to do the TBS and I can change the plugs while I am at it. I'll be there.

AuburnFJR,

Please add me to the reserve space for spending the night. The plan is to meet up and ride over with Duster19.

Outside of meeting up with the group and getting guidance/assistance installing a fuse block, I am good.

Yet, I am sure if there is time, a TBS may be needed as the weather will clear up and miles will be put on the bike in the coming weeks. Plus, I can bring over my new PRIIs for installation as I would like to get first hand experience and assistance changing my own tires.

Brian