Technical assistance sought in Cen Fla

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RadioHowie

I Miss Beemerdons!
Reaction score
If any of you have followed THIS thread in the "Technical/Mechanical Problems" forum, you might be aware that I'm having JUST a little problem with my '04 Gen I.

I'm looking for some crazy generous, wonderful 03-05 Feej Pilot in Central Florida to help a bruddah out.

What I need to do is borrow some fool's generous, wonderful person's fuel tank for about 5-10 minutes to diagnose a fueling problem I'm having with my '04. Since the fuel pump is in the tank, and the tank can be removed in about 5 minutes, I'd like to put the tank/pump combo from a known running FJR on my Feej and see if mine runs. It's a quick and dirty diagnosis and keeps me from being at the mercy of a "chain" dealer that I know nothing about. Not to mention the expense of hiring someone to trailer my bike to the unknown dealer, leaving it with them for several weeks, and not being confident with THEIR findings.

I'm trying to determine if my non-running issue is fuel pump related, or possibly, fuel pressure regulator related.

I buy you dinner and beer and something for the wallet for your time if you're interested in sacrificing loaning your tank & fuel pump for a quick test.

I checked the Member's Map for someone close by, but the only Gen I owners listed on the map are no longer active and a couple of nearby forum members ride Gen II bikes....no help there.

Ping me if you're insane willing to go for a ride.

:)

Paging WFooshee, paging WFooshee, please pickup the white courtesy phone...

Walter, you want to take a ride...I'll join ya and make a long day of it...

I'll do just about anything for free steak and lobster, caviar, and champagne -

and depending on what RH's wife or SO (must be female) looks like...

Seriously, I'm up to help out a friend and love a long ride; paging Walter Fooshee...

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

Dang Howie!

The Canucks were just through your neighborhood last week. One of them was on an 05 and I bet he would have happily detoured your way for a bit.

I was not aware of your plight, but I'll go read about it and see if there's anything I can suggest.

Paging WFooshee, paging WFooshee, please pickup the white courtesy phone...
Walter, you want to take a ride...I'll join ya and make a long day of it...

I'll do just about anything for free steak and lobster, caviar, and champagne -

and depending on what RH's wife or SO (must be female) looks like...

Seriously, I'm up to help out a friend and love a long ride; paging Walter Fooshee...

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
You tease me with that ^^^^^

and I'll tease you with this

Missus Howie

Pat2.jpg

Dang Howie!The Canucks were just through your neighborhood last week. One of them was on an 05 and I bet he would have happily detoured your way for a bit.

I was not aware of your plight, but I'll go read about it and see if there's anything I can suggest.
Yeah, I read that here in THIS forum. :(

I called a friend who JUST (a week ago) sold his '04, hoping to try my diagnostic procedure, but found out he sold it. I then had the BRILLIANT idea to post something here in the "Southeast" forum on the off chance some moron kind soul would let a complete stranger "borrow" his tank and FP regulator for 5 minutes.

Wish I had thought of this venue for an appeal a week ago.

C'est la vie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey dickweed.. My offer's still good, though now we need to include the tank.

I'm still in as I feel somewhat responsible after the.. you know ummm, coitus incident with yer exhaust :blush:

B)

:jester:

Hey dickweed.. My offer's still good, though now we need to include the tank I'm still in.. B)

stalked.jpg

Listen, goatbreath....lemme see what can be done "locally" before you decide to do something completely stupid like box up your fuel pump and send it on a 4,000 mile opportunity for UPS to fuck it up. Wouldn't really need the entire tank. Just thinking that a "quickie" tank swap in the driiveway with some heinous forum member could tell the tale in the time it takes to hit the starter switch.

But we wuvs you for offerin'. But in a non-ghey way, y'know?

I buy the beer and dinner if you come!
Just thinking that a "quickie" in the driiveway with some heinous forum member.

But we wuvs you for offerin'. But in a non-ghey way, y'know?
Sorry I misunderstood :eek: I thought yew wuz buyin dinner...

Bwahahaha.......you fucker!! Now there's chocolate Frosty from Wendy's all over my monitor! :fuck:

I didn't see this until just now, and I gots things to do in the next couple weekends. Wouldn't mind helpin' out if I could.

I was gonna go to Sebring next week, but work shit has splattered that all over the wall, and that would have been a really easy detour/stopover. Crap!

If something changes and that trip is on again, I'll let you know.

BTW, does the missus know you're bribing the Internet with her likeness????? :blink:

Pump on fleabay. 05, $99 right now.

Pump

Also, gimme your address. I have 2 complete fuelie setups for spares, I'll send a FP reg your way. If it isn't the prob, I want it back though.

Ya know Howie, ya might wanna take your bike to the rape crisis center. She probably needs plenty of help what with that incident

with Bust doin' those unmentionable things with the muffler and all.

:cry:

Ya know Howie, ya might wanna take your bike to the rape crisis center. She probably needs plenty of help what with that incident with Bust doin' those unmentionable things with the muffler and all.

:cry:
The REALLY scary thing is, unlike most bike owners, mine is not a "she". Are you sure you're with the "right" guy?

BTW, did he burn his lips? :rofl:

Burn my lips??? Hell no! But I did singe my anus! :blink:

Great, I get to sleep in the garage again :huh: Thanks alot Jackass.