Newest Aft defense system installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DailyCommuter

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Reaction score
As I said in this other thread I had a little project that's been on my mind for a while. Mostly just mental images, trying to figure the best ways,. etc.... There will of course be those who think I'm a little F*cked up. You can't argue the fact that being tailgated on a motorcycle is aggravating, if not down right scary depending on the idiot cager that is behind you. So I submit to you gentlemen and ladies for your entertainment the result of one afternoon of total boredom coupled with around 9 beers, about $95.00 worth of materials and supplies, one very understanding wife, and just enough knowledge in the fields of low voltage wiring,circuits, hydraulics, and total mischief to be moderately dangerous and downright vengeful!

The Latest in rear defense systems for your FJR's and others in the stable if you should so deem them worthy

gun.gif
BEHOLD!
gun.gif

The necessary supplies for this project.

DSCN0028.jpg

This of course is the "heart" of the project. A compact 12v in-line fuel pump that will deliver approx 20 psi at the nozzles.

DSCN0032.jpg

These are the cheesy led windshield washer nozzles you see on the kids cars that think they missed their casting call for The Fast and the Furious!

DSCN0033.jpg

We don't want to fry our fire button

DSCN0034.jpg

This was all I could find at Advance Auto, we may need a substitute because its damn big and I don't know if I can hide it too well.

DSCN0030.jpg

First we need a fire button! It has to look cool after all. sorry this picture is grainy.

DSCN0049.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0060.jpg

I wanted a mounting location that was slightly inclined so I got good trajectory with the fluid. This seemed to be a good location.

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

DSCN0039.jpg

Now the problem I ran into was the license plate light wouldn't fit in there now, because of the nozzle inlets.

DSCN0040.jpg

OHHHH Mr. Dremellllll

DSCN0041.jpg

No Problem fits like a glove now.

DSCN0042.jpg

OK now we need to mount the pump.

DSCN0035.jpg

Seems like it'll be alright but we need to lose the pretty green case on that pump because it takes up valuable space and serves no purpose. BTW that silver pump there is for my stebel air horn.

DSCN0061.jpg

This is the plumbing going in to the under seat area

DSCN0046.jpg

This is where I drilled holes to bring the plumbing in

DSCN0043.jpg

....and those two hoses are t'd together to get fed from the pump

DSCN0047.jpg

Warning the next 4 images are not for the faint of heart.

Because I couldn't come up with a good spot for the tank I had to take drastic meaures...
ohmy.gif
You only live once, and its only one 7/32" hole tightly sealed.
unsure.gif

DSCN0055.jpg

As you can see I opted for a slightly smaller tank. this was a little one that was in a junk box I had.

DSCN0056.jpg

and the bag still fits even with all the crap I keep in it.

DSCN0058.jpg

This is a little transition between rear tail and Side bag in case you couldn't tell what you were looking at.

DSCN0059.jpg

to_keep_order.gif
we are hooked up and plumbed, our relay is up and running and I think its time for a test.
to_keep_order.gif

Note the cheesy blue LED lighting...
rolleyes.gif

DSCN0063.jpg

DSCN0064.jpg

And now without further adieu..........These videos may be slightly anticlimactic and lack certain production value, but you get the idea.

Video 1

Video 2

OK so I've accomplished "Oil Slick" next project will be SMOKE SCREEN!
yahoo.gif
I wish I had the patience to wait until Friday to post this, but I surely don't!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have to drive through the desert or plains again, do you want to come ride in front of me? And can we put a bigger jug with icewater in the bag?

I like the idea. in fact had the exact same set up on my car back in high school but mine was aimed at the rear tires for bleach water / smokie burn outs.

might I suggest a hydration bladder for your tank instead of a rigid tank.

dont get in trouble!!!

This is either brilliant or insane. But likely both. You will have so much fun spritzing the tailgaters. But the real fun will be outrunning them at triple digits after they wash away the spluge.

Perhaps the same button that fires the nasty juice should also hit the nitrous for getaway power.

(I predict this will be one of the most replied to threads of all time. Just wait till Friday.)

:lol: That's kinda what I was thinking. If I could just focus on useful ideas.... I bet I could do some good in the world. But this is good for ME. It really beats trying to ride by and kick someones mirror off their car.( I've been known). It's relatively harmless but will make me feel good when they need to pull over beause even their windshield wipers won't clean it off. Ever clean your windows at a gas station with a squeegee after someone used said squeegee to clean the spilled gas of the side of their car. Oh yeah its messy on glass. Very Blury in a hurry.

I like the idea. in fact had the exact same set up on my car back in high school but mine was aimed at the rear tires for bleach water / smokie burn outs.
might I suggest a hydration bladder for your tank instead of a rigid tank.

dont get in trouble!!!
We did the bleach thing too in auto shop on a '79 Nova. It's kinda where I adapted the idea from

Okay, I'll go. This is a reaaaaaaally bad idea. First of all, I think once you install such a device, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy and everyone needs squirting. Or perhaps more realistically, you are now searching for "tailgaters" to blast.

Next, tailgaters are by definition (my definition) clueless, aggressive, sociopaths. So you are setting yourself up to initiate a road rage incident in which, if you survive, you will be identified by the courts as the aggressor. And of course once you light each other up, now you're both driving like crazy. You may be able to thread in and out and even get away, but if the other driver whom you lit up kills my daughter who just got her driver's license, well, whose head is that on?

And of course you just announced to the world your pre-meditated intentions.

This is the thinking that persuaded me to not carry a pocketful of ball bearings or some such to "get even" with stupid drivers. I know I am human and susceptible to road rage, and I told myself don't do it because if you do then you will throw those, and then everything becomes out of your control. IMHO the smartest thing to do is get out of the way and disconnect.

BTW, in my six years of riding to work every day on freeways at about 20K miles a year, I can't even remember a time when I was tailgated (I don't ride like a Harley rider, which is probably why).

That looked like a fun project, really well thought out and executed. But I recommend you put it all away now....

Jb

P.S. New bad-idea scenario: clueless tailgating driver behind you over-reacts when out of nowhere comes stuff flying at her / him, and crashes. I'm just thinkin' all-around bad idea. My dos centavos.

I carry a firearm almost everywhere and have never fired it at anyone. I have plenty of self control, no need to worry. :gun: Although you do supply me the needed voice of reason that I miss getting from my late dad, boy I miss him.... Sniff :sadsmiley02:

BTW, in my six years of riding to work every day on freeways at about 20K miles a year, I can't even remember a time when I was tailgated (I don't ride like a Harley rider, which is probably why).
Unfortunately tailgating is a fact of life where I live. The worst part is when I leave a long buffer zone in front of me to account for the tailgater (so I don't have to stop short and get killed by this idiot) people take it as an open invite to cut in front of me. :angry2:

ummm...I musta missed something. What exactly are you planning on putting in the tank? Water, diesel, what?

I had a friend that kept washers on his handlebar to throw over his shoulder at tailgaters...in got him in trouble one nite. Long story, but it didnt end up good for him. Be careful! :blink:

ummm...I musta missed something. What exactly are you planning on putting in the tank? Water, diesel, what?
I had a friend that kept washers on his handlebar to throw over his shoulder at tailgaters...in got him in trouble one nite. Long story, but it didnt end up good for him. Be careful! :blink:
The diesel pump was just better delivery PSI than the gas one I looked at.

pretty inventive. I probably wouldn't use it, but the thought has occured to me in the past. Maybe you can mount one to the side too. Get teh idiot yakking on the cell too. ;)

Well if all else fails hook it up to a gallon of gatorade and run a small hose to your helmet. Just sayin. Maybe a more positive Idea. :D

James Burleigh must be a pussy ass lawyer from SF. Great idea from from a few beers and some hardware. If we can load it with super-stink juice then we have a product. I bet you could squirt some 'gaiters with red water and they would still not have a clue to your proximity.