Idle adjustment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nateskate

Reaction score
I bought an 07 with a PCIII installed. The bike is idling around 800-900 and has stalled twice at stops. I thought my 06 had an adjustment screw on the side of the bike but I can't find it. Can I adjust the idle with a screwdriver or do I need to download the PC program and do it with my computer?

thanks for the help.

QUOTE (Nateskate @ Jun 9 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought an 07 with a PCIII installed. The bike is idling around 800-900 and has stalled twice at stops. I thought my 06 had an adjustment screw on the side of the bike but I can't find it. Can I adjust the idle with a screwdriver or do I need to download the PC program and do it with my computer?

thanks for the help.

Look for a knurled knob behind the rear of the right fairing (just in front of your right knee).

(Click on image for larger view)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the help.
Yeah, there's a knurled knob with a phillips screwdriver slot in it, on the right side of the bike. Look up and under from the right side.

[edit] mca beat me to it. And with a 1000 words!

QUOTE (Nateskate @ Jun 9 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks for the help.

Look for a knurled knob behind the rear of the right fairing (just in front of your right knee).

(Click on image for larger view)