cup holder for FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used them on the Wing but the working area of the FJR is less accommodating. instead i went with this

water01.jpg

https://www.fjr-tips.org/acc/hyd/hyd.html

Much less chance of interfering with controls or weighting the responsiveness of the bike.

If someone's made one specifically for the FJR, I haven't seen it. The last time I did a reasonable search was about a year ago.

There are lots of motorcycle cup holders out there, though, and gimballed marine ones. It should be easy enough to rig a mount. I wanted to hook up a bicycle water bottle cage (I don't like drink tubes). I just bolted it to RAM ball.

waterbottle2.jpg

looking for cup holder mount system that is engineered for the FJR. anybody know a good one?
I have a great one that I engineered myself for my FJR. It is custom fit for the FJR. :rolleyes:

fjr_drink_holder.jpg

You can buy yours at the local lumber store (some assembly required ;) ). But I suspect you want one that is accessible while tooling down the road, which mine obviously isn't. I use mine to stop at the coffee shop enroute to meeting the wife (and suddenly I'm the hero because I brought her a latte' :yahoo: )

I bought 2 cupholders at WallyWorld in the bicycle section. They have a adjustable rubber strap for different sized drinks.Mounts usingbolt from brake/clutch master cylinders. $12/pair

So . . . . any system work better than others (or work at ALL) for those who prefer a full face helmet?

Or are my options to use the drink holder to bring the drink from the drive-thru to a place where we'll stop and eat/drink?

Alexi