Audiovox CCS100 Cruise Control???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woketman

Reaction score
I have read the excellent "how to's" about how to install one of these Audiovox CCS100 cruise controls on a 2003 FJR, but can anyone say for certain that it can be done on a 2006? My concern is that wiring has changed (different coil signal wire color?) or such a complete geometry change between the model years may have robbed me of the space for the actuator, etc., etc.....

Anyone know for sure??? Thanks!

yep, with no problem as far as it goes

This thread is an install on an '06 Gen II

This One is on an '08 Gen II

google search is your friend, so google "audiovox site:fjrforum.com" and "cruise site:fjrforum.com"

the wiring, I believe are all the same, the hookup to the throttle tab, and the pad install are all the same on Gen I and Gen II

only the available placement of the servo and cannister are different for Gen I non ABS and Gen I w/ABS and all Gen II since the ABS unit is where many of us Gen I non ABS put the servo & cannister

and there can be a problem with additional brake lights which are wired into the bike's brake light wire and do show zero volts when off anymore. Hyperlites, like my bike, don't seem to matter, though.

hope this helps

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

yep, with no problem as far as it goes
This thread is an install on an '06 Gen II

This One is on an '08 Gen II

google search is your friend, so google "audiovox site:fjrforum.com" and "cruise site:fjrforum.com"

the wiring, I believe are all the same, the hookup to the throttle tab, and the pad install are all the same on Gen I and Gen II

only the available placement of the servo and cannister are different for Gen I non ABS and Gen I w/ABS and all Gen II since the ABS unit is where many of us Gen I non ABS put the servo & cannister

and there can be a problem with additional brake lights which are wired into the bike's brake light wire and do show zero volts when off anymore. Hyperlites, like my bike, don't seem to matter, though.

hope this helps

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
Thanks Patriot (good day for us to be patriots!!!) I see you are in NO. I live in Slidell!!! Bought my 1300 yesterday from Cycle Shack in Picayune.

oh shirt

what's ya schedule like

Monday or Tuesday, hoping to ride to Biloxi to the Jeff Q palace and so some ridin'

let's see...Miles da "fjr mississippi" is in Laurel and da "reaper" is in Southhaven

ya gotta come with us to Eastern Owners Meeting EOM

Cycle Shack hugh, woa...many won't deal with the, ah, owner, but go to Hattiesburg

let's keep in touch

Jeff Q just installed his Audiovox Cruise on his '08 yesterday/today, so he's another local bundle of info (Biloxi)

Cheers,

Mike

I am ordering my Audiovox in a seperate Exploere window right now. Hope to get time to install within a month. I am VERY busy at work right now. I work for Lockheed Martin in the East. I support Shuttle flights and Endeavor lifts off to the ISS on Saturday the 11th (weather permitting).

I am ordering my Audiovox in a seperate Exploere window right now. Hope to get time to install within a month. I am VERY busy at work right now. I work for Lockheed Martin in the East. I support Shuttle flights and Endeavor lifts off to the ISS on Saturday the 11th (weather permitting).
well, ya welcome to my install stuff like:

got a extra fuel filter for cannister

lotsa extra tubing in multiple diameters

grey oxygen sensor safe ATV to seal the control pad

long long 1/8" drill bit

posi loks wire connectors, but maybe go to NAPA and get some there

tubing, fuel filter, and check valves were had at Autozone by moi

thanks Mike.

I want to order some of those nifty weather sealed toggle switches that someone here used instead of the control pad. The guy listed the digikey part numbers, but now I cannot find the post. Any idea what they were???

Never mind. I found it. See below:

The switch and rubber boot were ordered from Digi-Key using the following part numbers.

360-1091-ND SPDT Mini Toggle Switch

335-1003-ND Rubber boot, Black

The boot is used to completely weatherproof the switch, and comes in Red if you prefer.

Never mind. I found it. See below:
The switch and rubber boot were ordered from Digi-Key using the following part numbers.

360-1091-ND SPDT Mini Toggle Switch

335-1003-ND Rubber boot, Black

The boot is used to completely weatherproof the switch, and comes in Red if you prefer.
yep, I did that and then decided to go with the pad

used three of those SPDT with 2 black boots and 1 red boot for other use.

good one there: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=113397

switches info: from: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...amp;#entry16030 POST #9

Instead of installing those two switches (recommend a red boot for on/off switch and a black boot for momentary switch which is your set/coast & resume/accel

I got the switches (and other electronics, always) from Digi-Key.

The miniature switches in the housing -

SET/COAST/ACCEL/RESUME switch is 360-1143-ND ($7.50)

and the ON/OFF switch is 360-1140-ND ($6.06):

https://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T052/1216.pdf

The boots - Black 335-1003 and red 335-1002 ($4.56 ea):

https://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T052/1210.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: