CR8EIX vs. CR8EK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Just for fun, I pulled the Iridiums and put in the dual-electrode ones I've had in the toolbox for a while. Went for a ride under various loads/speeds and nothing dramatic, but it does seem to have smoothed out quite a bit. Could be placebo, or could be just the new plug smell.

The gap is the same and the "knife edge" along the outside electrode should reduce firing voltage requirements. No way to know for sure without a clamp/scope, but I can't imagine them stressing the coils in any significant way. The iridiums only had 6K on them, so looked almost new. Just cleaned them up and put back in the box if the duals crap out. I'll pull the duals in 3-4K to see how they look, but so far, no downside that I can tell.

CR8EIX.jpg

I just replaced my plugs, for the first time in the 12k miles I've had it. Not sure if the original owner did in his 20k with it. I just used the original CR8E plugs and seems to be a bit smoother also.

Latest posts